My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to look at a H today. Good chance we will be bringing it home just a couple quick questions. The serial # is 117824X3 whats the X3 for and what year is this? 1945? he wants $600 firm and it hasnt been run in 1&1/2 years. So it is believed to be stuck but has been kept inside for the past three years. Needs two new front tires but back have a ton of tred. not too bad looking and pics to come. What you think on the price?
thanks taylor

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
i say grab it up i paid 1000 for my h in much worse shape

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
71 Posts
$600 I think is a pretty good price.

If it was running a year and a half ago and it's been shedded the last 3, it may not be stuck. Reach in and give the fan a spin by hand to see if the belt will turn the main pulley.

Good pictures. Looks like there's another tractor sitting in the shed right behind it - what is that one?

I know where there's an all original running H (still 6 volt) that's been kept in all it's life and the guy only wants $1000 for it (but I'm not telling where. ;o) )

Hopefully one of these days I can build a shed to put it in and buy it from him before he tries to actively sell it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
$600 I think is a pretty good price.

If it was running a year and a half ago and it's been shedded the last 3, it may not be stuck. Reach in and give the fan a spin by hand to see if the belt will turn the main pulley.

Good pictures. Looks like there's another tractor sitting in the shed right behind it - what is that one?

I know where there's an all original running H (still 6 volt) that's been kept in all it's life and the guy only wants $1000 for it (but I'm not telling where. ;o) )

Hopefully one of these days I can build a shed to put it in and buy it from him before he tries to actively sell it.
Either a C or Super C.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
The year for this tractor would be 1942 and the X3 stands for kerosene. this tractor should have the small gasoline starting tank under the hood just in front of the fuel tank with the filler cap sticking up through a hole in the hood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts