My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted my brothers Woods 59 on his farmall C,however I noticed when looking from the top, the blade pulleys turn clockwise, however, my blades are designed to spin the other direction. I have included a picture of the rear pulley routing. I do not understand what I did wrong, or can do to correct it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just googled the belt diagram for a woods single belt belly mower and it shows a good picture. I remember different guys getting the belt on wrong, easily done. I can't tell you how from here but note the center pulley on mower carefully for belt position.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, the 59 series mower for a Farmall C, has to be the one designed for a Farmall C. Belt pulley rotation is opposite of other tractors. As with my buddy's CA Allis, yes, they both turn CCW on the belt pulley, but the IH as pictured belt pulley is mounted on the RH side, and the CA's pulley is on the left hand side, thus creating an opposite rotation to each other. I guess I'm confused, as to his and yours... You're not saying what your's is mounted on.

Those mowers were designed with CW rotation, and CCW rotation. It's simply not just the blades are designed for CW or CCW rotation, but the bolts that hold the blades on are either RH thread, or LH thread, depending on rotation design.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, the 59 series mower for a Farmall C, has to be the one designed for a Farmall C. Belt pulley rotation is opposite of other tractors. As with my buddy's CA Allis, yes, they both turn CCW on the belt pulley, but the IH as pictured belt pulley is mounted on the RH side, and the CA's pulley is on the left hand side, thus creating an opposite rotation to each other. I guess I'm confused, as to his and yours... You're not saying what your's is mounted on.

Those mowers were designed with CW rotation, and CCW rotation. It's simply not just the blades are designed for CW or CCW rotation, but the bolts that hold the blades on are either RH thread, or LH thread, depending on rotation design.
I believe you are correct with the opposite rotation of that belt pulley on the C farmall. Pete

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
I don't think it would be possible with the pulley arrangement, but getting a half turn in the belt would give an opposite direction of travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts