My Tractor Forum banner

Farmall A fuel tank

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DJ54 
#1 ·
A couple of years ago my dad gave me his 1939 Farmall A tractor. It has ran really well my whole life. I was out there looking at it yesterday and noticed there are some small pinholes in the fuel tank. I've scoured the interwebs looking for a replacement tank but have come up empty. Any of you guys/gals know where I could get a tank for it?

Thanks...

#6 ·
I suppose this is as good a time as any to correct my original post and to give an update.

The tractor that Dad gave me is not a 1939 as Dad had thought. I found and ran the serial number and found that it was actually made in 1946. Doesn't matter to me since it was Dad's and now it is mine. Anyways, Dad let me know that in my efforts to refurbish the tractor that I also needed to replace the cylinder sleeve seals. That is WAY more than I wanted to do to the tractor but if it needs to be done, I'd rather do it now than wait and try to do it in a few years. So, I have found a replacement fuel tank and have it painted and ready to go once I finish rebuilding the engine. I removed the head and had it reworked. I am now in the process of removing the sleeves to replace the seals. Hopefully I will be able to continue working on it over the Thanksgiving weekend if I can get past the sinus infection I've been dealing with for almost 2 weeks. I also hope to post some pics of the "before" tractor if I can remember to do so...

#7 ·
Help needed now. After working on restoring my Farmall when I could over the last couple of years, I wound up having shoulder surgery back in December and then late June I had spinal surgery to install a prosthetic cervical disc. I am at the point that I need help finishing the project now.

I live in Jackson county, Alabama and am looking for someone to finish the job for me. Does anyone know of someone that would be able to do this for me? I can haul the tractor basically anywhere in north Alabama, southern middle Tennessee, north Georgia and would consider places further away. I appreciate any suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.