My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The right rear tire spins while the left engages. Doesn't matter if the petals are linked or not. If I press both two hard, the engine stalls.
I have no idea what i'm doing. i bought this tractor to help move a lot of earth around my property, but it's been sitting for at least 2 years. i had the bucket rebuilt over the winter. Help!

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
That's the way the differential is designed. The wheel with the most traction, in a situation like trying to load into a pile of dirt will stop, and power out to the side with the least amount of traction. To deliver power/traction to the wheel that is not moving, feather the brake on the side that is spinning. It will divert power back to that side.

That little tractor and loader isn't designed for heavy duty dirt work, more like lighter manure. That front pivot pin that carries the whole front end, plus attachments is only about 1". The front spindles weren't really designed to carry a lot of weight either. If it doesn't have the brace running from the clutch housing to the front end, a sudden shock could break the front end where it attaches to the engine block, or snap a front spindle.

If you're loading from a tight/compacted pile of dirt, try lifting the bucket, while curling it back too. Once you get a place started in the pile, move one way or the other, about 1/2 to 2/3 the width of the bucket, and work into the pile a little at a time. Once you're into the pile close to an equal amount as the first place, go back and pick up the point between those two places. Keep working back and forth across the face of the pile, skipping some leaving some 2' or so points, then go back and clean them up.

If you're skimming dirt from high spots, to move somewhere else, it'd load a lot easier if you loosened it up with something, like a moldboard plow. An old 1 bottom pull type works great, because you can set the depth with the wheels. Turn it over, then pick up the dirt going with the direction of the furrows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts