My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How hard is it to find parts for the tractor and the tiller? Are the tines for the tiller easy to replace?

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
574 Posts
I agree - $600 is a little high, but prices vary from location to location. Looking at the starter / generator position, I would guess that this is a 1970's era model. Looks in good shape - original muffler, dash looks good, decals looke good. To me, $500 would be a fair price.

Good luck - Rich

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Are the tines for the tiller easy to replace?
The tines are held on by two 1/2" bolts -- pretty easy to replace if you like dealing with rusty, stuck bolts ;). The bigger issue is the cost; a very low guess would be $10 per tine. That'd be more than $240 if you had to replace all of them.

·
Blacksmith
834 Posts
I have been using my tiller for 35 years and they are still in good shape. Here is a picture of my tractor and tiller taken last year. The tines are still good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got the tractor and tiller and over all it is a great machine. Had to replace the front gasket on the tiller and do some carb work, and need to replace the fan because it has some cracks and chunks missing. We replaced all of the fluids and they look great I am hoping to do some work with it this weekend as long as it doesn't rain once again. The tines on the tiller look new. I will need to replace the muffler and was wondering what I should go with. I'm hoping the muffler guard will polish up cause it looks pretty cool on it. Also wondering if anyone has a 50" mower deck they would like to sell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts