My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1300 recently and found that the air cleaner element/filter has plastic cup with fins. Looks like it is for circulating the air around the outside of the filter. pretty clever, looks expensive. Where can I get a replacement? the pictures I have seen dont have the fins. BTW I was delighted to find out you can wash these things a few times.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I am not really sure about what filter the 1300 uses but I assume it is a pleated paper filter and the ones I have seen with the vanes around them had them made/attached to them so a replacement filter should/could have them depending on the aftermarket manufacturer.

As for washing them out I have know folks that do, but, be very, very careful doing that as you can make the holes in the filter media larger and allow bad stuff to get though to your engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the thoughts. I was wondering the vanes somehow slipped off. they are sort of clipped to the filter and I'm afraid if I try to seperate the vane part from the filter part then I might break the vane part. It would be great to have a replacement in hand to try that experiment!

I think that the washing is very gentle and safe, probably much better than using an air hose to blow the dust out. I'm to afraid of making larger holes by gently dipping the filter in and out of a bucket of clean water and soap suds a hundred times (Which is what it takes to get clean water again).

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
I checked my 1100 yesterday and it sure looks like the plastic vanes comes with a new filter. In addition, it looks like there is a date stamp on the plastic vanes (month / year). So I suspect if you went to New Holland and got a filter it would come with the vanes.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I've seen that design on different air cleaners and I think it is a factory design that aftermarket manufacturers copy.You can look up most any filter on wixfilters.com and see a picture by clicking on the part number.You will find that your filter has the fins.

·
Registered
821 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts