My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
BTW, The cheap belt that cost $4.00 & change goes into the grooves on the pulley's but the Kevlar belt is wider and seems to just ride on the pulley's instead if in them.
For what thats worth, but I'd rather the belt go in the grooves a bit.
I also am concerned about the 'sweet spot' meaning pulley & fan assy being tight enuf to stay put but not to tight for the fan not to turn or snap something. I guess thats just a experience call.

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was just starting to start messin w/my belt/fan shroud then I realized I'd better adjust my valves while I could still get to them easily without the bent screw driver and all that jazz.

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Maybe the kevlar belt was put in the wrong sleeve and was a 5L instead of a 4L? All the ones I've used were the same width as the non-Kevlar ones, and rode in the pulleys fine.

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Maybe the kevlar belt was put in the wrong sleeve and was a 5L instead of a 4L? All the ones I've used were the same width as the non-Kevlar ones, and rode in the pulleys fine.[/QU

When I got the non-Kevlar belt the other day the belts were so messed up I about said "heck with it" and just left but I made myself stay but I was tired from work but for the Kevlar belt there aint no "in the pulley's" about it, just kinda rides with it it seems.
With all the trouble I have with everything exept cleaning and painting Im just gonna get away from the Kevlar belts.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well I got that on and it took an entire 5 mins or less, its the 31" Kevlar belt just because it was the 31" one I had and that was what it called for.
I'll never understand how I can try something for days w/nothing but failure and then just say "Im gonna go put that belt on" and SHAZZAM! it goes on like I worked on a assembly line putting them on all day.
Go figure.
Oh yea the fan spins freely without hitting anything to.

And as most of the time the pix go sideways from my pic gallery to the article.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,630 Posts
I'll never understand how I can try something for days w/nothing but failure and then just say "Im gonna go put that belt on" and SHAZZAM! it goes on like I worked on a assembly line putting them on all day.
Go figure.
QUOTE]

It must be magic.:tango_face_smile: The same kind of thing has happened to me.

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Go figure.
QUOTE]

It must be magic.:tango_face_smile: The same kind of thing has happened to me.
In my case is I get tore up pretty fast and after something doesn't work a few times I just become a wreck mentally and I should just walk away from it for awhile but I seem to dig in deeper and make things worse.
And if it gets to bad things start to break lol.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts