My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the town wants a garden put in, so guess whos putting it in?

This guy!

Its gonna be near a baseball field where I used to play too, kinda cool. Probably 20x40 but might grow depending on how much they let me dig up mwahahaha!

Gonna get to breakout the moldboard for the first time in about a year too, which is always nice.

Hopefully will get some pics and video, Im really looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Well the town wants a garden put in, so guess whos putting it in?

This guy!

Its gonna be near a baseball field where I used to play too, kinda cool. Probably 20x40 but might grow depending on how much they let me dig up mwahahaha!

Gonna get to breakout the moldboard for the first time in about a year too, which is always nice.

Hopefully will get some pics and video, Im really looking forward to it.
A community garden I presume? You must be a community oriented young man. Keep up the good work.
Lead by example!

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
Sounds like fun! :trink40:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A community garden I presume? You must be a community oriented young man. Keep up the good work.
Lead by example!
Thank you! I am not completely sure as to the nature of the garden (no pun intended!) but its on town property, and will be open to anyone I would assume.

·
What happened?
638 Posts
Make sure you have the coulter on.:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:hatsoff:

We'll be :crybaby: if you don't put up some pics and clips.:trink39:

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
You doing it Saturday or Sunday???

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Psh, thats not a real test Joe :)

Ill probably just take the 16 and hope for the best.

and Tim, the coulter will be on, and video will be taken.

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I'am sure the ss-16 will handel the task fine! Those tractors are great! Merk does a fine job with his IHCC 70, so there is my reasoning. I would love to follow behind with my duel disk gang! :fing32::thanku:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, Im not concerned about the 16 being able to do it, its got power to spare. Ive plowed with it before as well.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the tranny is on its way out, and the motor smokes a bit, so I guess we will see what happens.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What makes you think the tranny is on its way out Hugh ?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
What makes you think the tranny is on its way out Hugh ?
Thats what I keep asking- he said it has a wierd noise. I may be going down for a visit and a plow day at his grandfathers (where we did it last year) on Sunday, so If I do, I will see if it is something simple to fix, or if it is a doomed transmission.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Sounds like a fun project and you also get to help other people in your community.

It may be a bit emarassing if your tractor breaks while you are plowing though lol.

·
What happened?
638 Posts
If my 10hp Simplicity 2110 can handle pulling a plow, an SS/16 will make the job that much easier.:fing32::fing32:

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
my 66 wined like crazy and still kept going haha.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine makes a crunching noise when you lay on the brakes, but she keeps on goin. I might try and find a way to take both just in case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts