My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got some of these too late to enter the 'fall picture' contest--so I'll lay them out here for others to enjoy...You know, we truly live in a beautiful country--and have the freedom to 'enjoy' it.

First two--taken @ sunset one evening down along the Inter-coastal waterway, off the boardwalk in Beaufort, N.C. About 6:40 pm.

Edit:
These two pic's were taken about or less than five minutes apart, and maybe ten feet distance ....

glenn

Attachments

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Along the same N.C. section of coast--this is about three days before Hurricane Matthew passed off shore. Many of the boats about had either been hauled farther in-land, and stacked up in racks @ the local marinia's. Even the Navy ships had steamed out of port--headed to sea.
Piles of plywood and OSB board stacked out in front of stores for boarding up places.

glenn

Attachments

·
We're all friends here
13,976 Posts
Nice shots Glenn. Here's one I took awhile back:

Attachments

·
Senior Moment
3,215 Posts
One section of my front yard...

View from my back yard....

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a side rip one Sunday down along the Carolina coast (week before first pictures)we rode up to
.....New Bern, the third oldest town (incorporated) in N.C.

{Local History}--Here is the Home of Pepsi-Cola, supposedly invented by a pharamacist in this small drug store in the middle of town, in 1898. OK--we went in and did a little tour, and looked at old pictures and maps./...If you followed the itinerary around the walls--it told the history of a favorite drink--plus many old pictures/singes/etc.:fing32:

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,097 Posts
Some nice shots, Glenn. I really like the left one of the 1st two off the dock. If you were to paint that pic, in those colors, folks would say, "c'mon, that's not the real colors". Amazing, the breadth of nature's pallet :tango_face_glasses:

Thanks bud!

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Some nice shots, Glenn. I really like the left one of the 1st two off the dock. If you were to paint that pic, in those colors, folks would say, "c'mon, that's not the real colors". Amazing, the breadth of nature's pallet :tango_face_glasses:

Thanks bud!
Ellis---The big open-water Sea Port where the container ships load off is right across my right shoulder....On the left and farther back is Carrot Island and Shackleford Banks--wild horse/un inhabited refuses. Rumor has it some of these wild horses date back to ship wrecks in the late 1700's.
Also--Blackbeard--the pirate's ship has been found right off shore, and many artifacts have ben found and on display @ the N.C. Maritime Museaum in Beaufort. That is one of my next stops when we go down there...

glenn

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a few more pic's from the center of New Bern, N.C.--again--third oldest town in the state (Incorporated) and at one time a seat of local government...
We wondered down some small side streets--could still see the old gas lantern poles on the buildings, and the narrow cobblestone walkways..
Quant old anti-belliam era homes and shops....

Attachments

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,656 Posts
My pup enjoying a little sun time under the Quaking Aspen along my driveway:

Attachments

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking good-Jere! love the leaf colors, but fighting them here every week now..

glenn

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bet I scared you-didn't I? (Tell the truth-now) hehe

On to a different weekend trip-to another part of the country. Truly like a
'step back.'..Western-rural Pennsylvania.....Up @ his farm....

A couple small deer up by the driveway...here all the time--and turkeys..

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Weather was high-5o's (Daytime)--down in lower 30's @ night/heavy frost--not exactly my cop of tea..

Only going to get worse--he cautains...Starting to being his cattle back from the ranges, and into the barns starting this week...hay is already most set in/covered..

This is the Hill Farm'--up top...

My BIL is kinda like some of us MTF'ers--he has two/three of everything..
The metal farm/cattle gates he got somewhere very cheap--so take all of them...

glenn

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,097 Posts
I like your BIL's style, Glenn. Looks like a real nice spread. Hard work, honest way of life.

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some more picture from one of my BIL's farm spreads.....so quiet up here--like stepping across a boundry somewhere--and being in another world..

One of the old tractors..

and..These 'cows' are waiting...

In between the barns...

glenn

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nice thread and great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a few from SW New Mexico.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So quiet and peaceful now--can see some of the cattle down by the creek--'blowing' smoke' in he early morn light...and his assortment of farm equipment 'resting peacefully'...

Another one...The old dump truck either waiting for some TLC/or true retirement...

·
16,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Up over this hill, is where the natural gas well-heads are....We didn't go over there, because it was so wet...

his small implement barn....an old calendar inside is from 1991 on the wall.....

-and the little 450 dozer just waiting for it's next assignment...Definitely got some good stuff around here...:tango_face_smile:

More later--

1 - 20 of 21 Posts