My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Peter and I took a trip up to Mark's yesterday for the big haul of the year. Pics below. Congratulations to Peter who probably has just about the most complete collection of rare gravely stuff in the country now. :D

If ANYBODY needs anything, now would be the time to buy! Enjoy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
LMAO, yeah yesterday was quite a hall!! Thanks again to both you and Mark! :)

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
THATS A LOT OF TRACTORS!!! nice find

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
You two weave a nicer web than most spiders! :biglaugh:

Very nice haul of machines. Quite a large restoration project.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
I didn't see the twin filler cap machine initially - lots of great stuff there - Pete's gotta be happy with this haul - plenty to play with/fix up for a long time! And of course, this frees up Mark to grab up some more "back burner" goodies - gotta feeling he's got some more nice stuff in the works!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
It sure was a relief to get some of the stuff out of here! It was nice to have the Penske with lift gate and the Kubota to muscle all the crap around.

On a little side note, this week I landed a nice "barn fresh" C12 w/duals + right angle sweeper from a cooworkers uncle who had passed away. Today I picked up another identical C12 w/broom and 106 deck. The machine is all original and in absolutely beautiful condition even with a semi-glossy hood!

Pic's to follow!

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
how do they compare to gravelys ive never had th chance to use one or even see one
I'd buy one if it was priced right. Problem is finding parts for them isn't as easy as for a Gravely and many have never even heard of one. United made a 60" version of the Comm 40" deck for on them. Talk about a big mower.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
I'd buy one if it was priced right. Problem is finding parts for them isn't as easy as for a Gravely and many have never even heard of one. United made a 60" version of the Comm 40" deck for on them. Talk about a big mower.
Wow! A 60 inch deck on a walkbehind! Sounds like fun! Ed

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I didn't see the twin filler cap machine initially - lots of great stuff there - Pete's gotta be happy with this haul - plenty to play with/fix up for a long time! And of course, this frees up Mark to grab up some more "back burner" goodies - gotta feeling he's got some more nice stuff in the works!
So who is now in possesion of the "two-capper" and what are the plans for it?

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Wow! A 60 inch deck on a walkbehind! Sounds like fun! Ed
Take a Comm 40 and cut off a 3rd.. Take another one and cut off opposite end 3rd. Weld together. Move drive to center. Keep 3 blades and 3 front casters on new unit. That is basically what it is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Peter Sharp - 89SHOMAN666 now has my Moutaineer, 2 capper, and several other L's.
Thanks Mark! :) That makes me the keeper of all Gravely that is rare in PA. :bannana:

The plans are a slow but authentic restoration so that it can take its place among my other 30's L's. :trink40:

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Anyone else have 2 '37 Model Ls? :D
Anyone else have two '25 Model Ds? Or a dual hydraulic lift 400? :D

I'm glad Peter got it as that makes it closer for me to go see. Then I'll have to decide if I can afford to buy a '37 that I know of.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts