My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Can a 45 FEL fit on a JD 445?

Not without modifications to the loader and mount. It would be easier to find a 40 loader for your tractor. They seem to be more common.

·
Registered
716 Posts
It funny I still use My 45 Loader Though I have a 120R Loader So I guess You believe that You won't Need it for the X729 anymore since You Have the 120R Loader See In My Case Next year I Plan On Having My Blower Mounted On My 2025R so In My case I may need a Loader In the winter. While Not Hard to switch Back over to the 120R Not something I want to Have to Keep switching back and Forth Loader and Blower. So in my Case the 45 loader will be the stop Gap :thThumbsU
I have the blower on the X729 and the loader on the 1025, so I'm covered. I also couldn't see keeping something that I would most likely not use again that is worth $2900. Two machines take up more space so there's that.

I know they are hard to find and it served me well, so I feel better that someone will use it rather than tie up money and space collecting dust in my garage!

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
I have the blower on the X729 and the loader on the 1025, so I'm covered. I also couldn't see keeping something that I would most likely not use again that is worth $2900. Two machines take up more space so there's that.

I know they are hard to find and it served me well, so I feel better that someone will use it rather than tie up money and space collecting dust in my garage!
I have the space for storage I Guess From July till October 2018 the 45 Loader was Mounted On the X748 as I Use it Just for Garden and Loader work. With the Purchase of the Cub Cadet XT3 GSX(that's the Mowing Machine as of right now)

The only mowing work the X748 does is in the fall for Leaf collection with the MC519.

Don't Have a Cab yet for the 2025R. The Cab should be In shortly probably the next week or two Then I'll switch the Blower to the 2025R and the 45 Loader back to the X748 as I have a GX335 for Blade work.

My 2025R and Loader will not fit through my neighbors Barn and the trees are in the way of there Gate for the Barn Yard as I clean there Paddocks of Hose Manure for use In the Garden.

I have a compost Pile where the Previous 1025R with H120 and the 2025R with 120R will fit But really to turn Over the Pile I need the size of the X748 as the 1 & 2 series there Length gets In My way Took out a few fence rails On the Neighbors fence already do to the rear Ballast on them.

The Bucket size on the 45 is also Perfect for Mulch spreading In the Flower Beds as the 53inch Bucket is Just to Much mulch and I end up covering the Plant Life where the small bucket of the 45 loader is just Perfect

So the 45 Loader is still earning it's keep. for Manure,Compost and Mulch work
The 120R is strictly for Dirt work or Fork work

:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but what would be a fair price today for a nice 45 loader in the midwest that's currently on an X585? I'm interested in the tractor and deck but don't need the loader.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is a bit of a hike for me on the east coast. Unless someone on here maybe has some info about having had one shipped freight before I might have to pass. About 17hr drive one way for me.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Here in michigan, loaders are rarer than hens teeth, or honest politicians..... I have been looking for YEARS, and still haven't come up with one I was willing to spend the money on. (part of that being that for a while there, I simply didn't HAVE the money......) I am still looking, but, pushing three grand for a loader? Ouch....... Sure would make the wife happy though. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here in michigan, loaders are rarer than hens teeth, or honest politicians..... I have been looking for YEARS, and still haven't come up with one I was willing to spend the money on. (part of that being that for a while there, I simply didn't HAVE the money......) I am still looking, but, pushing three grand for a loader? Ouch....... Sure would make the wife happy though. :D
Happy wife, happy life

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
What is staggering to me is that JD abandoned the FEL market. There must be thousands of owners who want one. I guess the price is the hangup. I built one from CAD plans and even then it cost me $2500 but I had to have a separate pump and reservoir. Of course, JD would have the economy of scale and I believe they could build one for $1500 or less at their level of purchasing and automation. I just sold a 445 with a 40 on it for $6300. I figured $2500 for the loader and $3700 for the 445.

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
What is staggering to me is that JD abandoned the FEL market. There must be thousands of owners who want one. I guess the price is the hangup. I built one from CAD plans and even then it cost me $2500 but I had to have a separate pump and reservoir. Of course, JD would have the economy of scale and I believe they could build one for $1500 or less at their level of purchasing and automation. I just sold a 445 with a 40 on it for $6300. I figured $2500 for the loader and $3700 for the 445.
Sales Number dropped In the Last few Years of the X700 Ultimate series Production Partly because of all the Updates to the Sub Compact series i.e. 1 Series Prior to the Introduction of the 1 series when the 2210 & 2305 were Made the 45 Loader actually still sold very well. But within a year of the 1026R being Introduced Loader sale dropped dramatically for the X700 Ultimate series( while there Popular on tractor forums like this we are a relatively small share of the world Market for the X700 series Tractor). People Just were Not Buying them or they were going for aftermarket sources such as CTC(Iron Man Fabricators) & Johnny Bucket. The feeling was Probably if there were not those aftermarket Options . The Updated loader they Planed for the Signature series would have been given a green light to proceed beyond the Mock Up stage . But because sale were lower than expected. The Bean counters decided to drop a Loader for the X700 signature series In Many ways the day of the Super Garden tractor are really numbed You Only Have Deere & Simplicity Producing what would be considered a Super Garden tractor

Back In the 1970's Just to name a Few Super Garden Tractor Producers
Ariens GT series could Take a Loader & Backhoe wasn't a true super size GT
Bolens HT series
Case 400 series
Cub Cadet 900 series
Gravely Many Model could Take a Loader wasn't a True super
John Deere 400 series
MTD 990 series
Power King
Simplicity Power Max
Wheel Horse D series
White 990 series Labeled as the 1800 series
Yardman 990 series

By 2002 what did You Have
Cub Cadet 3000 series
Ingersoll 4000 series
John Deere X400/X500 HD series
Kubota G series
Simplicity Legacy & clone models Under AGCO & Massey & Snapper
Toro/WH 5Xi series or New Holland GT clone

By 2012 what did You Have
Ingersoll 4000 series
John Deere X700 series
Simplicity Legacy XL & clone models Under AGCO & Massey

By 2020 what do You Have
John Deere X700 signature series
Simplicity Legacy XL series

Today so Many Manufacturers are Making Sub Compacts That they have really taken the Super Garden tractor market over. Some Manufacturers for a while were Marketing there Sub Compact as a Garden tractor Massey & New Holland. That said worldwide the Deere X700/X900 series are still selling very well even Better than the 1 series by number of Machines sold. The Simplicity Legacy XL is doing alright as well But I wouldn't Be surprised if the Next owner of Simplicity actually make a true Sub Compact tractor. Unless somebody like Deere Buys them. Then I bet that will be the end of Simplicity (y)

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I just sold my X500 with PowerFlo and the guy buying it said two of his neighbors have the 700 series tractors and they both are having a lot of trouble with the transmissions. JD is taking forever to repair them under warranty and they are not happy.

·
4,837 Posts
I am a Simplicity fan and still have 2 of them...but there is not a Simplicity dealer within at least a hundred miles from me...They list one on their website about 7 miles from me...but when I called there a few months ago looking for a filter I told the guy it was a Simplicity ...he said he never heard of them

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
I just sold my X500 with PowerFlo and the guy buying it said two of his neighbors have the 700 series tractors and they both are having a lot of trouble with the transmissions. JD is taking forever to repair them under warranty and they are not happy.
Probably Not JD Fault while they Handle the warranty for it they In turn go to Tuff-Torq with Trans Issues. A Few Year ago the Pumps were Bad in a certain serial Number Range of K90 series Tuff-Torq sent to Deere. While the dealer will blame John Deere. The thing I Notice when warranty issue Take Longer it's usually because the the Deere dealer is swamped. or the Parts are on Back-order do to the Manufacture Not Having any made and This year there is Virus going around that did shut some Parts suppliers for Deere. The X739 my dealer had with a Pump Issue do to that serial number Took a while as it took Tuff-Torq awhile to fill the new order for a complete Transmission as that was the decided fix so My dealer had a X739 In for several weeks wasn't there fault or Deere's it was Tuff-Torqs Deere doesn't Pull Transmissions from the order that is sent to Horicon. It a separate New Transmission Tuff-Torq Factory direct to the Parts warehouse and then was sent to the dealer In that case

·
Shacker
766 Posts
Back to the original question from WHCSC, in my neck of the woods (northern WI) you would be hard pressed to find one under 3K. That's what I paid for mine 3 years ago and that did not include the relief valve or neutral rod, and it wouldn't leave my garage for any less today. I will say mine was very close to brand new.

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
Back to the original question from WHCSC, in my neck of the woods (northern WI) you would be hard pressed to find one under 3K. That's what I paid for mine 3 years ago and that did not include the relief valve or neutral rod, and it wouldn't leave my garage for any less today. I will say mine was very close to brand new.
If I could what ever Tractor I have the 45 Loader On will be Put In the Family Mausoleum with me.
I don't ever Plan On getting rid of My 45 Loader (y)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I couldn't do half of the things I've done if I didn't have the loader. I've moved over 40 tons of gravel, retaining wall blocks, patio blocks and several large 800-1200lb field stone. It's paid for itself several times over, not to mention the time it saves. I'll probably hand mine down to my kids someday.

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
I couldn't do half of the things I've done if I didn't have the loader. I've moved over 40 tons of gravel, retaining wall blocks, patio blocks and several large 800-1200lb field stone. It's paid for itself several times over, not to mention the time it saves. I'll probably hand mine down to my kids someday.
My Youngest would Probably trade it for a Old Johnson Loader for his 140H3 Just out of spite :LOL: My oldest son would find a Loader for his Gilson Garden tractors his twin she would keep it as she wants to steal the X748 from me anyways Keeps on threatening to send the son in law to collect it as my children are almost as nuts as the old Man when it comes to Garden tractors (y)

·
Registered
276 Posts
There was just one up in Holland on FB that was around $3k - think it's gone now. There's one in Peroria IL right now for $3200. They're nuts.

I snagged one out of Ann Arbor last year for around $2200

21 - 40 of 42 Posts