My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a male fainting goat. I've got a little work to do on my goat pen, so I'm gonna pick him up next week. The only female this guy had for sale was this little male's mother, and he wanted a war pension for her. I'll find a female soon. I'm not worried about a fainting female. I want to see if the male can breed that into the offspring of a boer or something else.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Make a video, I want to see that sucker faint!:thThumbsU
Congrats by the way!

·
Super Moderator
35,773 Posts
I have a 23 yr old fainting son, just show him some blood and he drops like a rock! :ROF

·
Registered
200 Posts
my aunt in alabama had a male fainting goat , startle him and he would stiffen up and fall over, ha ha!! we didnt scare him a whole lot, he looked like a big bad goat till he fell over, i always laughed and said the ciyotees, would eat him first!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thats great!!! I have been wanting to get one for a while, but I would waste to much time messing with it out in the pasture!

The yotes and other preds are why they used to put the goat in with their livestock. Whatever it was that was a threat shows up, the herd of livestock runs and the cheaper goat passes out, feeding the predator, and saving the more valuable livestock.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thats great!!! I have been wanting to get one for a while, but I would waste to much time messing with it out in the pasture!

The yotes and other preds are why they used to put the goat in with their livestock. Whatever it was that was a threat shows up, the herd of livestock runs and the cheaper goat passes out, feeding the predator, and saving the more valuable livestock.
I have four fainting goats. After reading this I went out to the pen and told them you better appreciate your situation cause things could be a lot worse. They just look back at me,they don't care. Ha Ha

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my aunt in alabama had a male fainting goat , startle him and he would stiffen up and fall over, ha ha!! we didnt scare him a whole lot, he looked like a big bad goat till he fell over, i always laughed and said the ciyotees, would eat him first!!
Some say that's why they bred for the trait, that herders would have a sacrificial goat, so the rest could get away.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't have much luck with my fainting goat. He squeezed through a hole in the pen and was gone within thirty seconds of my bringing him home. He roamed around my farm and a neighbors for a few days, but I could never catch him. Another neighbor found him dead in her horse pasture over the weekend. I will probably get another, but I've apparently got a little work to do on the pen first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts