My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1991 Ford 250 c industrial Tractor that simply stopped moving - it won't go forward or backward yet everything appears to be un working order. Fluid levels are good, engine recently rebuilt and strong. Was moving it from one side of barn to other and for the winter and half way around it ceased to pull itself (no load). Is there a fuse hidden some where that impacts that hydro trannie?

·
Premium Member
8,085 Posts
I'm not familiar with that model tractor, but from the New Holland on-line parts pages, that tractor was available with a number of different transmissions, none of which I would call a "hydro". Which transmission does yours have?

If it's the "torque converter" transmission, then there may be a traction disconnect lever on the right side of the rear axle center housing, behind your right heel when you sit on the tractor. The traction disconnect is used to disengage the transmission output form the differential so that you can tow the tractor when the engine's not running without damaging the transmission. If you have an owner's manual there should be a section on towing the tractor that will show you where the disconnect lever is located.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts