My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anything done special with the backhoe version as far at frame and rear end strength. i might have a lead on a d100 backhoe and wonder if it would work. i could cut off the skid steer brackets to lighten it up some. what do you guys think?

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
It is a big upgrade, but could be done wtih the proper fabrication skill and time.

Pull down the 648 parts manual from Ingersoll's website and you'll be able to see the unique backhoe mounting hardware and hydraulics. That would give you a good idea of how to approach it.

Brian

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
There's a whole custom subframe for the loader/backhoe 600's plus the hydraulics are somewhat different. The rear tire/rim size is totally different as well. Before even trying this, download the parts book for your tractor and one for the loader/hoe and start doing a page by page comparison.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
There's a whole custom subframe for the loader/backhoe 600's plus the hydraulics are somewhat different. The rear tire/rim size is totally different as well. Before even trying this, download the parts book for your tractor and one for the loader/hoe and start doing a page by page comparison.
I haven't taken the time to check, but was't there also a 3 point version? Perhaps after market?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I think to mount a D100 would require a Cat 1 or 2 hitch. My hoe is about 1/3 the weight and is about as much as I'd like to hang on the Cat 0.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
The D-100 and D-130 Davis designed backhoes were originally fitted to the Davis line of trenchers, a sub-siduary of J. I. Case. These hoes were retrofitted for use on the Case line of skid-steers going back to the pre-hydrostatic 1700 series. The D-100 was also adapted for use on the 600 series Case FEL. I am not aware of either of those hoes ever being offered with a three-point mount system and if they had been, the CAT 0 would have been too light, as Bart has already stated.

There are three-point hoes out in the marketplace. Woods, Bradco, Bush Hog, Tifermec, Koyker, Ameriquip and Kama.

I'm not saying that the skid-steer D-100 could not be adapted to work on a 600 FEL. What I am saying is that the engineers at Case felt that a strong sub-frame mounting for something as heavy as a Davis hoe was necessary in order to make the combo a success. Those who have used the factory built loader/backhoe seem to be very happy with it, in spite of its limitations.

Personally, I would prefer a min-ex that has 360 degree slewing and the ability to offset the boom while digging close to obstructions. The speed of a mini-ex is much greater than that of a D-100 but if you're just an occasional user, then the old 600 L/B is a **** fine unit.

There are a lot of stresses that take place while using a backhoe so the connection between the hoe itself and the tractor is crucial if you do not want problems in the field.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I think to mount a D100 would require a Cat 1 or 2 hitch. My hoe is about 1/3 the weight and is about as much as I'd like to hang on the Cat 0.
The sub frame on the 7020 speaks for it self for serious digging! A 3 point would certainly not do more than very lite work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts