My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,
Just got through cutting. Shut my F935 down and a few minutes later when I went to move it, nothing. Made a little buzzing/clicking sound in the panel under the controls but that's it. battery and oil lamp comes on like normal. glow plug comes on and then off like normal. but when the key reaches the start position in the switch the red temp lamp comes on, release the key the temp light goes out. Any ideas? Looking over the connections, I did notice the bendix gear that engages the flywheel was out and aligned with the flywheel. I pushed it back toward the starter. Is it possible the starter bendix did not disengage and that is why it will not start? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe in Jorga.

·
JD318
990 Posts
Sounds like that could be the problem, have you found anything else out?
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Down under, on the shift linkagages near the pump on right side(just behind drive wheel on right), there is a neutral start switch. If it got out of position, it won't crank over. Try holding key in start/crank position and move the hydro direction pedals just a tad, one to the other pedal. If the starter hits for a second, then the switch needs adjusted. Mine got so out of whack that it wouldn't even try when I did this test. I could place a folded paper to hold the micro-switch closed & it would crank fine. Re-adjusted & it's fine to this day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To all writing a reply to my post.
i did get 'er running again. Whew, glad I didn't spend $220 on a starter that was not the problem anyway.
I found that by bumping the forward and reverse pedals just a little it would crank. From what I read and understand their is an adjustment I may still need to make but anyway, "Happy Days are here again".
Special thanks go out to "olecowhand" for his reply and then email follow up. This is what this forum is all about.
One person helping another. Please let me encourage each of you that read this response not to simply read them but take a second to give an answer if you have one.

Thanks again to all for your help,
JC

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
JC...aren't these JD front mowers the fastest mower you've ever used!!!!!
I bought mine to rob parts for other projects, but once I tested it out, there was NO way I was parting it! Fastest mower in the west! Another great thing is that it's so much more stable than the average ZTR. Up & down steep banks is no problem whatsoever!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep olcowhand, it is fast. Manual says 10.1mph, but I dont' run it that fast when cutting. I like the rear steer better than ZTR mowers which can tear up the grass if not careful. I don't have my left and right brakes working just right but understand they can be used to make it like a ZTR mower. Thanks again for all your help. JC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well.... with the grass growing like weeds I broke down and took her into the JD dealership. Turned out to be a "shock sensor" may very well be the same neutral start switch that "olcowhand" spoke of . $50 parts $50 labor not a bad day as bills go leaving a JD repair shop. Thanks jc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts