My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I re powered my JD F910 and was wondering how to attach the electric PTO anti rotation part of the clutch, The Onan engine it bolted to the muffler shield and I can't see that happening here. anyone out here know where/how to bolt it on? maybe with a photo.
Product Technology Close-up Electronic device Photography

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
6,929 Posts
Maybe just fab up a bracket that bolts to a pre-existing hole nearby? One of my mowers uses an engine mount bolt for holding the bracket to the frame.

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
6,929 Posts
Note, you do want it bolted down firmly, but you want to make the bracket the right height, so that it doesn't pull the pto up or down when you tighten the bolt. Maybe use washers between your bracket and the pto if necessary to minimize pulling it up/down.

My Gravely zeroturn's pto has a slot where yours has a bolt hole, and Gravely put a bracket that just went into that slot to hold it still. Over 3-4 years or so (about 250 hrs of use), I happened to look at it, and most of the bracket had worn away in that slot from the pto banging on it whenever the pto was engaged and disengaged, and was very close to breaking off (after which the pto would start rotating and then the wiring harness gets wrecked).

One of my large walkbehind mowers instead uses a large thick strip of rubber (about 2" or so across), that goes between two pieces of metal on the pto to hold it still, and that shows no sign of wear on it, and that mower is about 20 years old...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you mean, I welded a bolt last year to the frame but it only lasted 4-5hrs, and broke and yes messed up the wiring, and they're not cheap. So I need to get it right like you say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found this photo on line, looks like they made something to bolt into the block, And today I opened the box with the new PTO clutch and it's the wrong clutch, smh

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts