My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reaching out to see if anyone has experienced an oil leak on this mower. I can’t seem to find where it’s coming from, I do know it’s not coming from the main shaft. It mows and operates great just a small leak when it sits for a day or so. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
The F525 is a unique mower. It probably seemed like a great idea (to someone) at the time, but time has shown that using the same oil for the engine and transmission was not so great an idea. There is UV dye that you can add to the oil and then use a black light to see where it's leaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the dye have any effect on the performance of the oil or should I change the oil afterwards? Thanks

·
Three of my friends
8,759 Posts
No but you need a black light,you can get both from amazon,the mower was built in France,I loved the one I had,valve cover maybe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The F525 is a unique mower. It probably seemed like a great idea (to someone) at the time, but time has shown that using the same oil for the engine and transmission was not so great an idea. There is UV dye that you can add to the oil and then use a black light to see where it's leaking.
No but you need a black light,you can get both from amazon,the mower was built in France,I loved the one I had,valve cover maybe?
I just hope that it’s something simple because I really like the way this mower cuts and I like the deck offset and out front. It’s an old mower but it still gives a nice even cut. Thanks!

·
Three of my friends
8,759 Posts
Not many places for it to leak if it’s not the crank seal but if the crank seal does leak it will go on the clutch.
I bought mine for 100 $, J.D said the motor was locked up,I was in the process of removing the motor and pulled the pto off and the motor freed up,they put a new pto on it belt did not put the pin on the pto in the hole on the motor that upkeeps it from turning,locked the motor from turning,fixed that,bought 40$ battery,140$ and I used it for 5 years,sold it for 900$

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not many places for it to leak if it’s not the crank seal but if the crank seal does leak it will go on the clutch.
I bought mine for 100 $, J.D said the motor was locked up,I was in the process of removing the motor and pulled the pto off and the motor freed up,they put a new pto on it belt did not put the pin on the pto in the hole on the motor that upkeeps it from turning,locked the motor from turning,fixed that,bought 40$ battery,140$ and I used it for 5 years,sold it for 900$
A heck of an investment..WOW...LOL👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts