1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Looks like a pretty well built homemade thatcher. The belt drive is off a snowblower and the front hitch is off a blade or blower.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think its homemade?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
It's not home made. EZ Rake made these thatchers as well as vac systems to fit LG tractors. They could also be had with a gear reduction 3 hp engine for use on 140 or 300 series (or other brands) The frame adapter is from EZ Rake as well as the belt drive system (the guard looks like the jd blowers but also came from EZ rake. Different adapters fit different brands of tractors. They also had a tow behind version, and a smaller walk behind version.
This one was painted yellow by someone along the line. EZ sent them out in white.
I'll say this- when it comes to removing thatch- the ez rake made a mockery of what passes for a thatcher these days.

·
Super Moderator
16,690 Posts
It's not home made. EZ Rake made these thatchers as well as vac systems to fit LG tractors. They could also be had with a gear reduction 3 hp engine for use on 140 or 300 series (or other brands) The frame adapter is from EZ Rake as well as the belt drive system (the guard looks like the jd blowers but also came from EZ rake. Different adapters fit different brands of tractors. They also had a tow behind version, and a smaller walk behind version.
This one was painted yellow by someone along the line. EZ sent them out in white.
I'll say this- when it comes to removing thatch- the ez rake made a mockery of what passes for a thatcher these days.
You could Practically till a Garden(That had been tilled in the Past with a tiller) with the old EZ Rake not that they were ever meant for that. Your Lawn was a Mess after you got thru with a EZ Rake But all the dead Grass was out of it :thThumbsU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts