My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old Tractor Enthusiest
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share information about the extra lights I mounted on the ROPS bar on my BX-23. Have pictures on an album on my site, but here's some more. There are 4 lights facing forward, 2 55w halogens and 2 LED, and two LED lights facing to the rear (one mounted on the ROPs and the second on an adjustable stalk mounted to the right vertical ROPs bar.

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
That sure lights things up for you. What type of amps does it draw? slkpk

·
Old Tractor Enthusiest
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two 55 watt halogens draw 9A (55watt x 2/12Volt = 9.1 Amp). Unfortunately, I don't have any specs on the LEDs. However, LEDs are typically far more frugal on their current requirements than incandescent bulbs. Based on the small size of the wire (maybe 26 ga or even thinner) that came with the LEDs, I would guess the 4 LEDs draw an amp or so max. for all 4. Total draw should be around 10 amps max. Have a 15 amp fuse on the hot lead and its not blown yet. You may also note there is a 12 volt cigarette lighter outlet below the two toggle switches. This is for the 12 volt pump on my 3 pt pump/sprayer. Did a lot of research on automotive LED fog lights/work lights and most others I found were $100+ for a pair, or not worth the trouble. Tried 3 other models in the same price range and their light output was a fraction of the the lights shown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts