My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would lik to put 2 lights on top of the roll bar on my BX1850 as well as a rear work light for winter snow removal . Can anyone tell me if the electrial system can handle it . I would wire them direct to the battery with an in line fuse. 2- 55 watt on top and one in the rear, i would not run them all at the same time

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
I believe your 1850 comes w/the 40 amp alternator which gives you a max output of 480 watts.
Assuming the tractor only needs approx 60 watts to run (timer relay, cutoff solenoid & gauges) you've got approx 420 watts to spare. (in reality a diesel will run without any electrical power, the electical power in our modern diesels is actually used for electrical shutdown which works in conjunction w/the safety shutdown features).
Anyway, the 3 lights will draw approx 165 watts (3 x 55) which means you'll have power to spare.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
warcloud, I had an 1850 and now an 1860. On both, there's a wire that Kubota runs to the rear of the tractor and taped up with electrical tape right under the top link bracket. This is for the OEM rear work light if you opt for that dealer installed option.

This wire is hot once the key is in the run position. You might consider using this for either the front or rear lights. I used it for my single rear work light, but added a siwtch. For easier installation, you can buy lights with a switch mounted on the light. For my two forward facing lights, I ran a new circuit off the battery with an inline fuse.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have and 1850 and used a couple of welding magnets to hold my lights on the ROPS. I cheated and ran the lights to the accessory port and put in a switch.

·
Rich in RI
83 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts