My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a zero turn mower online. The company offers free shipping. I assume it will come from the manufacturer (Toro) directly to me. Does anyone have words of wisdom about doing this. Supposedly, the unit just needs gas and oil when received, and it is ready to mow. Sounds too good to be true. If it were true, I would hear of more people doing this. Thanks for any yea or ney comments.

Bill G

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Well haven't had any experience buying direct and having it shipped to my house. It might be a good deal, be sure and read the fine print before buying.

I might consider it if I saved at least 20%, but I would go talk to my local dealer and see what his best deal is.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You might post the name of the company...like 'anybody dealt with these guys?' to get the most comprehensive input... Sure, direct ship can work...some sellers handle problems well, some walk away...I guess that's what's bugging you...it would me.

·
Registered
905 Posts
find out how it is going to be unloaded. When they brought my GT with a 54" deck it barely fit on the lift gate.

·
Super Moderator
17,143 Posts
Well I bought a Troy-bilt chipper that way from MTD factory direct to my house. But that was easy for them to get off the truck. The problem might be with your machine is getting off the truck especially if they don't have lift Gate. So that is what I would fine out if the truck thats going to deliver it is lift Gate capable. See with Deere you can buy a machine online But you pick it up from a dealer or that dealer deliver's it. The Deere does not come factory direct. I know with Exmark's there is some assembly with the machines and Exmark's parent company is Toro so I assume they probably come the same way if it factory direct.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
How big of a ZTR are we talking? What model Toro? The largest, heaviest thing I ever had shipped was a kids sized ATV. Like said, it was crated, and covered in cardboard. I wound up picking it up at the loading dock of the delivery company since it's basically next door to where I work. It fit in the back of a minivan with all the rear seats out/down. A little tricky for me to slide out, but I did it carefully with some planks. I guess my point is; I wouldn't sweat 'mail-order' provided it's not too huge and expensive if you have no other means to get the unit you want for the price you want.

Joel

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts
When I worked for FedEx Freight, I seen many mowers/ATV's shipped to customers/dealers..

Be sure that the freight company delivers with a lift gate or you have help there.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I believe I would run through all the adjustments, tighten bolts, and check tire pressure just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info. There is a $50 charge to get a lift gate truck delivering to my front yard. Well worth the charge in my opinion.

Bill G

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
What company are you getting it from??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thinking about LTG Power Equipment in MN. Looking into one of the Timecutter zero turns from Toro.

Bill G

1 - 12 of 12 Posts