My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drafted a drawing for fabrication of a replacement elbow / flange assembly for my HT-20. I found a supplier of mandrel bent elbows and had the flange fabricated and welded to it so I could use a stock replacement muffler. If you have the old flange, you can always just weld it to a new elbow; in my case, the old flange was warped, so I had one fabricated from this drawing

For a muffler I used a Massey Ferguson replacement with a 1 3/4" i.d. inlet diameter to accommodate the pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
ribertgropius ..

Nice job on the drawing. Thanks for sharing it with us. :fing32:

Now, how about a picture of the installation. :fing25:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone is curious about fabricating your own muffler.....the elbows are available through the internet in either stainless or mild steel from this company:

http://www.woolfaircraft.com/

You will still have to weld the flange on, and of course, add the muffler. It's been a couple of years now, but my original installation with the MF muffler is working fine. I am curious about the super trap mufflers that Jack's small engine carries; yes they are expensive when you add the three parts up, but I wonder just how quiet it is. And I am certain that it is still a whole lot cheaper than the MTD stock replacement for the HT-20's. And then, the idea of having that little coffee can sticking up (I have a FEL so my muffler has to be mounted vertically instead of horizontally) sounds very nice after catching my existing tall stack on a tree limb or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts