My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok , i have a 448. does the mule drive off my mower deck operate a snowcaster or do i need a seperate mule drive. also how do you go about hooking it up. any help is appriciated, thanks in advance

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
ok , i have a 448. does the mule drive off my mower deck operate a snowcaster or do i need a seperate mule drive. also how do you go about hooking it up. any help is appriciated, thanks in advance
the illustrated parts lists @ ingersolltractor.com should help you sort out what you have vs what you might need.

In other words, don`t have a snowcaster and haven`t a clue !
A picture is worth. etc etc

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
If you purchase the CORRECT snowcaster for a 400 series tractor and it is complete, then it will have its own mule pulleys in place to direct the drive belt. There are many models of snowcasters out there so make sure you know what it is you are buying. The deck mule drive is designed to run mowing decks only. It will not run any other implement.

Hooking up a snowcaster is simple. You drive up to it, slide the mule plate into the lower pins just the same as you do with a deck mule plate. You then swing the plate up and release the Snap-Fast pins to lock the mule plate into position. Once that has been done, you hook the snowcaster's lift arm onto the implement lift bellcrank, install the drive belt and you are ready to blow snow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts