My Tractor Forum banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
Did I miss a picture of the 2 wheeler plow?
You sure did - see post # 14 on Page 1 - last photo on lower right has a 1966 Commercial 10 (not 10A) "run behind" with a walkbehind plow mounted on it.

·
youtube.com/5Tractorguy
497 Posts
You're still missing some! From the 2001 mow-in pictures on Steven Chalmers site. Some are 3rd party attachments.

Blitz Fogger
Tool Box Battery Hold Down
Air Compressor
Prototype Extra Wide Cultivator
Foot Steer Sulkey
Generator
Tractor Stand for changing attachments
Peg Tooth Harrow

Blitz_CloseUp.jpg Blitz_Tractor_ToolBoxLeft.jpg

AirCompressor_2.jpg ExtraWideCultivator_Front.jpg

FootSteerSulky_RightRear.jpg Generator.jpg

TractorHandleStand.jpg PegToothHarrow_LeftRear.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
You're still missing some! From the 2001 mow-in pictures on Steven Chalmers site. Some are 3rd party attachments.

Blitz Fogger

View attachment 194123
The Blltz fogger is missing the pump on the top. The fogger my rather had had a rubber hose that pushed onto a length of copper tubing. which was connected to the muffler.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not very rare but I don't think I saw a rear tiller for the 4 wheel tractors?
Rear Tiller.JPG
And then not attachments really but accessories...How about the front weight rack...on the front
Front Rack.JPG or the rear?
Rear Weight Rack.JPG Have to lock out the lift hitch if you are using it on the rear though... Rear Weight Rack 2.JPG

...and I do have "full stack" envy for Ron's full stack of weights!

Jack

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
Anyone have an original canvas cover for an L. I was just looking at a 1947 price list and they were $9.50 .

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Tomorrow if things go right, I'll add one of these to my collection. Same as
Here's to hoping that things go right :trink39:

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Don, does your rake have a tube large enough to fit the roller rest / split coupler directly? Some of the older ones (including mine) have a smaller tube that requires a coupler pipe to allow the hookup. I'm also noticing that your wheel hubs are different from mine, which matched the hub design on the old rotary plows. I really wish there was a way to date some of these old and unusual implements.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Don, does your rake have a tube large enough to fit the roller rest / split coupler directly? Some of the older ones (including mine) have a smaller tube that requires a coupler pipe to allow the hookup. I'm also noticing that your wheel hubs are different from mine, which matched the hub design on the old rotary plows. I really wish there was a way to date some of these old and unusual implements.
This one supposedly was bought new in 1960 or 61. Straight into the pipe on this one like the 61 and 64 manuals say.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I posted this on the Craftsman forum and someone suggested I post it here also. I see that one is already posted but here is mine.

I picked it up at the Webster Flea Market in FL yesterday for $20. I already have it apart and much of it painted. It must have been in a barn since 1937, (year it was made) as there was little rust. I will adapt it to the sleeve hitch on my wife's Craftsman GT5000. Here is how it looked in 1937.

·
Gravely Model L Guy
464 Posts
I posted this on the Craftsman forum and someone suggested I post it here also. I see that one is already posted but here is mine.

I picked it up at the Webster Flea Market in FL yesterday for $20. I already have it apart and much of it painted. It must have been in a barn since 1937, (year it was made) as there was little rust. I will adapt it to the sleeve hitch on my wife's Craftsman GT5000. Here is how it looked in 1937.

Those tool holder attachments were made all the way from 1935-1970's with out hardly any changes at all. It could be from any of those years.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
:eek:mg:Here's a really unusual plow set up on a Model L.
Ad states "1960's gravely 2 wheel tractor Model L202 was running, not sure now. Missing drive belt and rope start. Tires have chains and is set up with plow attachment."

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/grd/2905695579.html

Wait, did it really say Model L202? An especially rare one, no doubt. And the belt drive is missing. I wonder why? :duh:

Attachments

·
Gravely Model L Guy
464 Posts
:eek:mg:Here's a really unusual plow set up on a Model L.
Ad states "1960's gravely 2 wheel tractor Model L202 was running, not sure now. Missing drive belt and rope start. Tires have chains and is set up with plow attachment."

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/grd/2905695579.html

Wait, did it really say Model L202? An especially rare one, no doubt. And the belt drive is missing. I wonder why? :duh:
The man probably does not know much about gravelys because L202 is the number cast on the advanced casting. It was the part number for the advanced casting. He probably saw that and thought "oh its an L202". You will find that number stamped on almost all advanced castings put on Gravelys. I don't know what he means about a drive belt. Maybe he means a fan belt?

121 - 140 of 155 Posts