My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
collector of the old
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just figured we could have some fun and try to get a picture of every gravely attachment. Rare ones, home made ones, one off ones, any and every attachment :greendr:

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
OK, here's a rare "Ronnie Recker" attachment. It's made for a 800/8000 but this one is modified (poorly) for a 20G.
Hey be gentle with that little fella! It's had a hard life and tell it I'll come visit it soon!

I'll go get some pictures of some of mine.. are we sticking to 2 wheel or 4 wheel or ALL?!

·
collector of the old
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well anything really but I had 2 wheelers in mind

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
There was a sod cutter that my father designed. It was a bar that attached to the sulky. As you rode along that bar was supposed to slice the ground below the roots of the grass.

It was a total failure. My father didn't take into account that dirt is difficult to slice through especially when the cutting bar is 24" in length. He also didn't take into account that the vertical part would have to slice through the sod. If it had multiple oscillating cutter bars and was driven from the front then it would have had 1/2 a chance of working.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,731 Posts
There was a sod cutter that my father designed. It was a bar that attached to the sulky. As you rode along that bar was supposed to slice the ground below the roots of the grass.

It was a total failure. My father didn't take into account that dirt is difficult to slice through especially when the cutting bar is 24" in length. He also didn't take into account that the vertical part would have to slice through the sod. If it had multiple oscillating cutter bars and was driven from the front then it would have had 1/2 a chance of working.
Having worked with experimental undercutters, even ones that use hydraulics drives are known to have problems. A potato digger works about the best at lifting sod. And those take power.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
That is just not right. NO GRAVELY should be left like that
No Machine should be stripped and just left open to the elements they removed the air cleaner!!!, let alone such a young one .

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Less text, more attachments!!!!!

Attachments

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
For the 'collection':
1. Meyers snow plow adapted for a 4 bolt Gravely mount
2. Open ended roller with 1/2 steel plate drum!
3. 40" Commercial mower deck
4. MA211 Snow blower
5. Dozer / snowplow blade

Attachments

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Yes! Way to go John!

Here's another commercial 40", a Quick hitch 4 bolt Commercial 40", a Quick Hitch 40" kidney deck and a 40" Home Owners deck.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not really Gravely specific - and would actually work a lot better on a four wheel tractor - but here's a picture I posted before of the log hauler my Dad built:

I've also got a homemade blade and rear weight bucket one of the previous owners made for my 8163 but don't have good photos handy.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Yes Dallas! Yes Stickman! That's what I'm talking about!

Here's a 50" top hat deck, a Quick Hitch 50" three blade, a direct mount 50" three blade.

....Oh! ..and a sickle bar!

Attachments

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
Right on Jake! Keep 'em coming!

Her's a tool bar cultivator, a tool bae with small blade, 4 bolt rotary cultivator and rotary plow, a new style 4 bolt rotary cultivator and plow, a planter shaft, and a set of planter bits, all three sizes.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 155 Posts