My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,789 Posts
Right up to the top of the cast iron sleeve. Nice training tool Ron! Looking good in restoration process.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
man, you would be the coolest shop teacher...

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
when you think about things like that ive always wonderd,how do they keep the engine from blowing up when is traveling so fast and the compression so hard,that it would eat it self or detonate.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Ron for LBPOA (Lawn Boy President of America)....

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
that is cool! I love cut-a-ways like that! A picture is worth a 1000 words!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'll vote for Ron too!

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Very Cool! Interesting how the piston doesnt get very close to the plug, on the duraforce, taking the cylinder head off, the dome of the piston comes out of the engine...

·
Lawnboy fixer & user
530 Posts
Those OMC cutaways may be worth something some day.

I still wonder what happened to the old OMC cutaway outboard (complete engine & gearcase) and stern drive units from training schools in the past. Even cutaway carbs. On some of them, a LOT of parts were chrome plated and painted different colors for fuel, gear lube or water exposure. Later on in years, some of the older cutaways were robbed for NLA parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts