My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear lots of guys on the "other" lawn and garden sub forums always talking about how much they call pull "I pull this cart full of logs" so tonight my friend Rich and I, were working on the second generation mount for my sprayer and he said "So, do you think it will pull the truck UP your driveway?" I said.... "Only one way to find out!" My driveway is a hill, the whole length and gets pretty steep at the top. I hooked a 10K tow strap to his frame and to my hitch plate.

He let off the brakes we took the slack up and he put the truck in neutral and up the hill I went.. The hydro didn't even groan.. I stopped and looked back and asked if he was jacking me around and was in gear.. He was not... I pulled it all the way up and stopped and after we unhooked I took a photo.

That's 6700Lbs up a hill :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dang, wouldn't try that with mine...Heck I'd be nervous doing it with my trailblazer, lol

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
These things will pull a lot with wheels under the load.

I do know that I can pull my Chevy Cavalier in Park on Pavement. I'll have to try the minivan next...

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
My Bolens can pull that GREEN thing and that truck and your boat (If you still had it) up that hill sideways .. :fing32::fing32::D:D

You wanna a piece of My Bolens ?? :sport30::sport30:

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Bolens can pull that GREEN thing and that truck and your boat (If you still had it) up that hill sideways .. :fing32::fing32::D:D

You wanna a piece of My Bolens ?? :sport30::sport30:
:beatdeadh: :beatdeadh: :beatdeadh: :beatdeadh: :beatdeadh: :beatdeadh:

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
I see where this is going....

The only way to settle this is for someone with an Bolens HT23 to come over to my place so we can put an end to this! :trink39: :fing32:

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I see where this is going....

The only way to settle this is for someone with an Bolens HT23 to come over to my place so we can put an end to this! :trink39: :fing32:
I'm just messing with Brett .. Plus your way to far from me .. And I dont wanna mess up your lawn dragging you around :eck05:

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahahah :)

·
5,525 Posts
I hear lots of guys on the "other" lawn and garden sub forums always talking about how much they call pull "I pull this cart full of logs" so tonight my friend Rich and I, were working on the second generation mount for my sprayer and he said "So, do you think it will pull the truck UP your driveway?" I said.... "Only one way to find out!" My driveway is a hill, the whole length and gets pretty steep at the top. I hooked a 10K tow strap to his frame and to my hitch plate.

He let off the brakes we took the slack up and he put the truck in neutral and up the hill I went.. The hydro didn't even groan.. I stopped and looked back and asked if he was jacking me around and was in gear.. He was not... I pulled it all the way up and stopped and after we unhooked I took a photo.

That's 6700Lbs up a hill :)
:congrats:

I just dont get the after part. :sorry1:

·
10,839 Posts
Brett, if you ever run out of fuel, just send me a pm. I think I could push that truck up that hill.:fing32:

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:congrats:

I just dont get the after part. :sorry1:
*shrugs* just what we did.. I wasn't planning on taking a photo but then I figured I should so I could come on here and brag :) I should have shot a video :)

Cat,

Of that, I have no doubt! :)

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
First of all, you need to know what you are lookng at, obviously you don't.
You are looking at total weight that the truck can be, pay load, people in the cab.
Lets do this, If your buddies Ram weighs 6700 pounds empty, I will send you 100 dollars, a deal?????????
If it tips the scale at 5700 pounds, you will be lucky.

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mark,

Only a 100? ****....

It was 6700... the bed was full to capacity with bull **** :)

Does this change the fact that I drug a half ton quad cab up a hill?

Feel free to one up me :)

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts
I see your drive is gravel so that counts me out. I dont think I could have done it.

But I know for a fact the 345 will drag my Silverado 4x4 around including up hill. Traction is my limiting factor but if it was on the concrete drive no problem. GTs have a huge amount of torque down low.

·
GANG GREEN GIZMOW KILLER!
1,244 Posts
I think you need to think in terms of rolling resistance rather than net or even gross weight.

I can just about push my 1/2 ton Silverado (similar in design to that Dodge.....Only better) on level pavement, where as I cant even budge my log trailer with less than 2000lbs of logs on it.

Hooking a tractor to either makes it cake.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That mower pulling that truck is not that big of deal. Thats a fairly big lawn tractor it should be able to pull it. **** probably 3 people cold push it by hand.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts