My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you see what I see? Red bricktop commercial! Waiting for a reply about a price for all the lawnboys. I think that's another gold bricktop, top right.\

"I'm not selling anything as working. $10 per mower for any mower that looks decent and the engine turns freely"

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Re: state Sale

Ten bucks a piece? Do yourself a favor and buy all the lawnboys he has!

·
Registered
972 Posts

Hey what kind of engine is that on the gray one sitting on top of the wood, top right hand corner of the pic? Looks like a brick almost on a non LB deck...
Anyone else see that?

And you were just saying how you never get deals out there! You lucky dog!!!

...if you go there, looks like a good place to look around in and under the weeds. Never know what you'll find. Check for bag rods, handles, you know. Looks like a lot of those have ok wheels on them too. Useable anyhow.

As always...:wwp:

·
Registered
175 Posts

Yep. If nothing else just strip all the parts and put 'em on Ebay at $0.99 starting bid.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Yeah, I told him I wanted all the Lawnboys and parts, priced accordingly. Of particular interest is the "pretty one with the red".

Hey what kind of engine is that on the gray one sitting on top of the wood, top right hand corner of the pic? Looks like a brick almost on a non LB deck...
Anyone else see that?

And you were just saying how you never get deals out there! You lucky dog!!!
Well, I don't have them yet, or a response yet. I only found the ad 20 hours after it was posted.

The one sitting on the box, which I already made reference to, looks like a (5210?) gold decked bricktop ~1959.

Ive got a bricktop commercial like that. What are you waiting for GO GET THEM!
It's driving me nuts already. His ad says weekends only, by appointment.

Looks like, at least, 10 LBs. $100.00 to get them all. Make a nice haul.
And I've been saying NO MORE LAWNBOYS!! But it'd be worth the trip for the Commercial Bricktop alone I think.

Here's the rest of the pics from the ad. He said they're only a sample of what's there. One pic is looking back toward where the previous pic was taken, more lawnboys in the weeds. Then some snowblowers and some tractors ($100 each for tractors, thar's a Gilson and a Ford YT in there, both with the same frame as my gilson).

I'm just hoping someone hasn't already offered to take the whole works.

Couple LBs in the weeds, looks like a white-top (Butterscotch?) just like one in the first pic

I see another LB deck there

There hasn't been a lot of response to ads like these recently. The guy I got my tractor from, is a little closer to this guy than I am. Had 4 mowers for sale for $10 each. He couldn't give them away. And most of this stuff won't be of any interest to ppl fixing them to sell to tell you the truth. Folks 'round here want that reasonably new mower that was put away w/ fuel in it and won't start this season. Quick fix, quick sale.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wow thats a nice stash there! I would go crazy and so would my parents! LOL

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Love walking around junk yards and scrap piles. Lets your mind wander and get tons of ideas. Have fun!

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
I second that notion Brad, places like that make me feel calm and happy, but in this case if It was a scrapyard of Lawn-Boys my pulse would be a pulsin! :ROF

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ditto that Croc and Brad...I love the old ones with a bunch of old rusty things. I dream of blasting the rust off vintage sheet metal, faded paint...

Hey I see a 1967 tan shroud in that first pic...5235 or 7263...
Wow Coop, you got 'er made!

Just look at all them handles! Take a weed whacker and a shovel along, you'll find twice as much stuff!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, got some good news, and some bad news. I'll let the seller talk:

"There are a lot lawn boy parts new and used, my father had bought all the left over stock at another local shop after they got out of the lawnboy brand, as well he worked on lawnboys and accumulated them for over 30 years. i would be very interested in moving all the lawnboy stuff together. As you can see buy the pictures there are some different models, inside the barn there is a very large quantity of whole mowers some aren't very old. I haven't done a lot of sorting inside yet and everything is mixed together but i can probably get most of it out fairly quick. as far as price goes for all the lawnboy parts and machines i am asking $1300.00. I am very willing to sell as much or as little lawnboy stuff as one might want. The thirteen hundred would take everything with the lawnboy name on it."

The bad news is that I was hoping to pick up roughly $100 worth of $10.00 machines and I don't have $1300.

Thankfully he's willing to sell ones and twos. I can keep an eye out for odds and sods parts (promo shrouds, etc), but there's not much point in taking some of the parts, and not all of the parts.

And I agree about scrap/salvage yards. My father used to take me to the auto-salvage yard weekly when I was a kid. I find it very peaceful.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Well, I for one would be willing to contribute a significant amount toward you being able to get all the LB stuff and become a sort of silent partner. I can't be there to help move the stuff, but I can help with the funds. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I for one would be willing to contribute a significant amount toward you being able to get all the LB stuff and become a sort of silent partner. I can't be there to help move the stuff, but I can help with the funds. Let me know.
Sounds great in theory, and I (and I'm sure others) would be equally thankful, but it's the legistics of it all, 1) picking up everything in several loads, 4-hour round trip in a large Pontiac Montana, and 2) then dealing with all of the packaging and shipping of odds and sods. 4) I don't have any place to store so much stuff in the interum. 5) my family would kill me.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Sounds great in theory, and I (and I'm sure others) would be equally thankful, but it's the legistics of it all, 1) picking up everything in several loads, 4-hour round trip in a large Pontiac Montana, and 2) then dealing with all of the packaging and shipping of odds and sods. 4) I don't have any place to store so much stuff in the interum. 5) my family would kill me.
I don't see anything there worth making a 4 hour trip for, even if it were FREE. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Rent a big truck, load it all up, take it wherever to store it temporarily, sort through it, inventory it, keep what u want and sell the rest on flea bay or on here. Maybe someone else up in the northern U.S. with some time and some room could handle that part.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is plenty there worth a day-trip to the beautiful Annapolis Valley.

Sorry PRattenbury, too many costs involved if I were to rent a truck and rent storage. Turnaround is too slow to make any worthwhile amount of cash off it. $5.00 here, $10.0 there. Not worth it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just double checked, and I was close. 2 hours, 7 minutes one way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts