My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had about 17 trees removed. Where a few of them were and had fallen there are big.divits and some erosion. We live on a hill and just bought.a new tractor. What's the b est way to fill the holes/divits? Someone at work said use #20gravel as a base and then put top soil down, is that a good idea? The area that I'm trying to level and fix is about 30 feet long,10 feet wide and dips down about 11inches in places, please help!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ll try to get some pics today when I get home. No trees will be going in where the ground has erodded that I know of. As far as tractor, I have a JD x540 on the way that comes in monday. Im pretty new to this and have no idea what those blades are your talking about. As far as fill, what do you usually use? The main problem is in the front yard, the slope is steep enough that I cant or wouldnt mow side to side in fear of tipping over. Like I said Ill try for the pics when I get home. TY, Joey

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The cameras not working right now. As far as the trees, we live out I the country and on 2 acres. About .50 covered with trees. I was just sick of the clean up in the fall and all the branches in the yard after storms. I'm gonna get about 20 more cut down in the back yard. Plus with the new mower I can just go up and down instead of turning all the time to miss trees.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NOOOOOOOO! Im not that crazy, most of the trees were over 75ft tall. I had a guy come in and do them for me. For 1 trees with all cleanup except anything dealing with the stumps is came to 2300. Got another guy to do the stump grinding about 6 inches below surface on all 17 trees for 1400. I think he charged 1.50 an inch across the stumps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.