My Tractor Forum banner

Equipment update

6K views 58 replies 14 participants last post by  WV Sears 
#1 ·
Its been a long weekend. It all started thursday (explains why its been so long) when I pick up my front end loader. We took dads truck. The loader is still in the bed of his truck. Friday I got ready for PA Plow Day, Saturday PA Plow day. So here we are at Sunday, Ive got two trucks to unload, and a pile of work to do. Ill have pictures later

#5 ·
Here's one I took earlier

Had to see what it looked like in front of the four wheeler lol

#6 ·
Looking forward to it too. Who do you plan to mount it on?

#7 ·
I havnt decided yet. It is between one of the 19.9's or my SS15
The 15 has a stronger frame
The 19.9 has more power than ill ever need and is just plain cool.
So I cant decide Once I get it closer to getting it working, Ill decide

#8 ·
That's a tough decision. Neither is a bad choice though.

#9 ·
Ive decided on the SS15. Heres the story on the 19.9's
The red on is a work/pull tractor.It handles misc jobs around the house and it doubles a weekend puller. Im pretty sure it would be frowned upon if I pulled a tractor with an FEL lol.
The green 19.9 needs a new starter and a good engine cleaning. I just put it back together today because I dont have enough time to mess with it.
The black and silver 19.9 needs a partial rewireing and a starter. Mice built a huge nest in the dash, and I think the mouse pee disolved part of the wires

That leaves the 15's (Suburban and SS)
The Suburban is my work tractor/baby. This is my go to tractor for anything. Its about to be outfitted with a mower deck for the season.
The only that left is the SS15. It has the powerfull and dependable briggs. all it needs is the grill bolted back on

#15 ·
...Mice built a huge nest in the dash, and I think the mouse pee disolved part of the wires
I hate mice. I've heard that they like to chew on wires and strip the insulation (who knows why), but this is the first time I've heard that their urine can dissolve them? Yikes...

Mike

#10 ·
Sounds like a plan. Can't wait to see it all bolted up

Sent from the MTF Free App

#11 ·
I have a crazy yet practical idea. Since the tractor will have hydraulics, why not add a hydraulic 3pt. Also thinking about adding hydraulic connections for custom equipment (i.e. dump, lifts ect). My question is how much bigger pump will I need if any? Will I need a bigger reservior? I realize there is alot of planing involed, its just a thought right now.

No matter what I do, it will be at PA Plow Day next year.

#13 ·
I didnt know we had a Hydraulic forum. Ill check it out. :thanku:
I feel like this right now :Welcome1: LOL

#14 ·
I'm sure there will be more help over there but, if you unhooked the FEL lines when using the 3 point or whatever else you could probably use the same system.

#16 ·
I think that is what happened. Oddly enough, I dont think any of the wires are chewed on. I vaccumed a huge mouse nest out (biggest ive ever seen in a tractor). I pulled on the hot wire form the battery to the solenoid. It came up with the factory "boot" on it. Noting in the "boot". Should a copper end on it. Nothings there just looks disolved.

#17 ·
How deep was the nest? My SS18 has a 6" deep nest in the dash and ALL the wiring has been chewed up.

#18 ·
Probalby close to 6". Filled up the whole dash almost up to the battery tray.

#19 · (Edited)
Well at least you noticed it before you ran (or could run) the engine. I once cooked a nest in my GT5000, they were running out when I started it up. It was up inside the shroud and I didn't realize what I was dealing with until the aroma started. One mouse didn't make it out. Even after cleaning out the nest, it took about a year for the smell to go away every time I used the tractor. :thSick:

Mike

#20 ·
Thats not good. An engine full of stink bugs is not much better :thSick: (green 19.9)

#21 ·
Even worse is a combine catching fire from nests and burning half of it down before the operator realizes it! It happens occasionally.

#22 ·
Whoa. That's an expensive day...

Mike

#23 ·
That's for sure. It happened to 5-6 combines around here a few years ago. New generation's had some problems.

#26 ·
Looks just like my '67 SS-12....yours is darker blue though..

I had a mouse nest in my Kohler Magnum in a Yard-man,it caught fire but I was able to put it out with a hose before any damage was done--to the engine anyway,one mouse wasn't that lucky--I found his head lying on the frame,and there was blood dripping out of the flywheel !..:eek:.

I never took the tins off, (looked like an all day job),instead I flushed it good with water ,then used my air compressor to blow the remnants of the nest out thru the bottom--after I started it back up and revved it up some,all the nest came flying out...to this day however,you can still smell that stench a burnt mouse corpse makes...:eck16:...not as bad,but I doubt it'll ever go away...it seems to have kept any more mice from moving in though!..

#28 ·
I'm looking for the cap that goes into the end of a 15 Briggs and Stratton carb (1972)

#29 ·
WVSEARS

I think that Tractor Looks like a 68 because it has a straight parking brake handle.
The 2 SS12 67’s that I have both have the brake handles farther back and lower on the frame and the handles are bent in a U shape. When the brake is in the engaged position they stick up in front of the fender's lower edge. I don’t know if all the 67's had that type handle but both of mine are early numbered tractors. My 68 has the same handle as shown.
Just my 2 cents.

#31 ·
What ever happened with the loader? Mouse didn't get to that too a hope!?
Thanks bluecometk

The loaders fine. Still havnt gotten it going. Trying to get tractors ready to be sold so I can spend the money on the loader.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.