My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Its amazing what these little tractors can do haha.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If that Gannon is in your way I could store it for :)

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
I want a Gannon

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Oh, Nice stump pull BTW

·
Formerly Tractor #2
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pull.
I'll send ya a PM when I get my tree cut down in a few weeks....I know you want more :thThumbsU :sidelaugh
Thanks but no thanks! It was MUCH larger than I thought it was and it took 5 hours of hand digging to get underneath it where I could cut the roots. The Sawzall with an old demolition blade worked great. I probably could have had it ground for $100, or just cut it as low as I could, but then I wouldn't have been able to make a video showing off the Suburban!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nice video. I wish I would have thought to get video when I was cleaning out my shed and hauling stuff in for scrap. I was yanking engines out of the shed with my 10XL, hilarious to watch.

·
Premium Member
9,937 Posts
As you know, the hardest part about pulling stumps is getting them loosened up enough so they can actually be removed from the hole (which then becomes the easy part).

Five hours with a sawzall sounds like fun (and is certainly better than chewing up a chainsaw chain), but I normally rent a Terramite backhoe for this job, primarily to break up the roots (and always, always wish I was using something bigger). Of course, I wait until I have a lot of stumps to remove to justify the $200 for a day of playing with the backhoe...

Mike

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wow. That was cool. My father has a Sears Suburban just like that. Same color and everything. 12 hp Tecumseh. That thing ran circles around the newer tractors he has had. What year is the tractor? He thinks his is a 69' or 70.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts