My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over in the Case/Indy forum and got no response so I'll try here.:praying:
Ok iI guess I'm not the machanic I thought I was.(but I'm really a machinist so that's ok)I had it in my head that the K-series fired on every other rev.sence it runs the points off the cam.
So I bought a ENM Tach/Hr meter # LCD8010 for $25.But it doesn't read right.It is for everother rev firing.I'm guessing that the K-series fires different to that?
I know Tiny Tach has one just for K-series (I guess that should have been a hint )but they are a few more $'s So I went with this one.
Has anyone been though this before?I could use a little direction if posible.
:banghead3 :crybaby: :thanku:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was reading at least double (which really confused me)and when I pulled the throttle back to nothing it was still I think around 2000.I E-mailed the company and they said it was correct for an every other rev spark.If it would have been 1/2 I would have thought that the K's fire everytime but that was not the case.I haven't had a chance to try it on anything else.

Question is what is different about the K-series firing?
Must be something because like you stated TinyTach has one just for them??:banghead3
I know what it looks like I'll have to do is order a Tiny Tach,but I would still like to know why .:thanku:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
TT226NR-4C

* Model for engines which have a spark for every 2 revolutions of the engine crankshaft such as those with a distributor with points driven from a camshaft.
* Kohler "K" series is the only Kohler model firing this way.

Walter

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
We were talking about this on WFM a while back, and I don't think anyone found another tach/ hour meter that would work on a Kohler K.

Walter

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ENM had one that said that but it don't work correctly.Tiny/Tach has one just for the K-series.I couldn't figure the difference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts