My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:tango_face_surprise fixed starter . got the ht 3813 running smooth . stood back admiring my handy work and then faint blue smoke appeared from the exhaust , then smoked more as it ran (about a minute) . then oil started coming from behind the heat shield below the carb . oil never came from the muffler i shut it down . didn't over or under fill with oil . what happen to my baby ???????

·
Registered
193 Posts
If the float was stuck on the carb and the fuel pump kept pumping gas, it would run into the cylinders and begin over flowing the crankcase. I remember MANY years ago in auto shop class each "lab team" had to completely disassemble an engine we had on a stand, hone the cylinders, fully reassemble and the engine had to run for us to pass. Well our engine was a V8 from a 1957 Pontiac. They didn't have enough $$$ for us to get new piston rings, and after all the honing and assembly/reassembly well let's just say the engine was "loose". Also they would not give us new parts for the fuel systems so the poor Carter AFB was loose and leaky. Well in the process of getting it started fuel had gone past the rings and into the crank case. We got it running but burning fuel worked past the rings into the crank case and the engine literally turned into a fire ball. Burned off my eyebrows, singed my hair, scorched my face and I think soiled my pants :D anyway let's just say it was "interesting"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:tango_face_smile: well my baby's back to normal engine wise.... tad to much oil .... trans is a new problem .... have 3rd,4th,5th gears ...no rev,1st,2nd..... repaired brake and this what happen.... what did i do wrong..:tango_face_surprise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts