My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
engine swap progress on my sub 15 and need some help from wv or someone else

well today i pulled the 16hp briggs off the ss14 and pulled the 14hp off the sub 15. i got the starter generator bracket figured out and getting it finished tomorrow with a torch. during my destruction i happen to look behind the dash and i was like ohhh S***. i seen a ground wire going from the voltage regulater mounting bolt up to the ignition switch bare and frayed all over so i investigated a bit more and found the reason my volt meater was bouncing all over the place its got about 2 inch bare spot. i dont like small 4 legged critters. so tomorrow i am pulling gas tank and clutch bracket replacing those 2 wires and possibly more. i also need some help. when i got this tractor i had a black wire hanging by the engine i think this is kill wire but not sure. wv if you can can u snap a couple pictures of this wire plz

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Will do. Ill get them to you tomorrow

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a little update and its pretty funny. i was laying in bed last night watching tv. a 4 legged creature ran over me twice. so i picked up a couple things and took my blanket and pillows went into the front room. god i hate feild mice exspecially me living next to a feild

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
a little update and its pretty funny. i was laying in bed last night watching tv. a 4 legged creature ran over me twice. so i picked up a couple things and took my blanket and pillows went into the front room. god i hate feild mice exspecially me living next to a feild
You sir, need a BB gun lol

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took the dash loose replaced the broken starter generator adjustment bracket fixed the red wire (cut the bad spot out and shortened it. and replaced the black ground wire that was frayed put engine on it and got it running and that was my problem with volt meter shows about 4 amps or so

·
Registered
677 Posts
Just wondering if the sub 15 came with an amp meter and the SS-15 came with a volt meter. Both my SS-15s have volt meters and appear to be factory.

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
volt meter amp meter not sure lol but hey its charging all i know lol

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I didnt get any pictures today, been busy helping girlfriend

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt get anything done today. i was up visiting a friend and went shopping with them

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heres a picture of the wires lol. the quality isnt very good its a few year old cam corder i barrowed from a friend to take a video of the tractor when done with engine swapping

Attachments

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
:wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::wwp::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie::drunkie:

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
video incoming

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
made mistake in video ment say voltage regulator mounting bolts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Sorry I didnt get the pictures to you. Ive been busy.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Well at least your honest as to who wears the pants in your relationship. :ROF:sorry1:

Joe
I would love to say me, but Id be wrong :ROF

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wv this is the wire i am talking about pretty sure its the kill wire its coming from ignition switch. and what do you think about my muffler :) i put it on the original pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
wv this is the wire i am talking about pretty sure its the kill wire its coming from ignition switch. and what do you think about my muffler :) i put it on the original pipe
Ill take a look at mine when I can. I may get to tomorrow evening, I dont know. Im picking up my tux for prom tomorrow so I dont know if Ill have time

Muffler looks good. None of mine have the original on them

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I think the black wire goes form the switch to a ground bolt on the points cover

1 - 20 of 26 Posts