My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.5Hp B&S Sprint on my Frankenmower, I don't remember the donor-deck's brand. I swapped the offset 22" blade this spring for a flat Gator-style blade, and now the cut is nearly 3/4" higher than the rim of the current deck. I would like to replace the blade adaptor, but I can't figure out how to get the old one off. There are no set screws, just a slim keyway.

Model 96502
Type 3117 01
Code 91022624

Any help would be appreciated in how to remove the old blade adapter, and also the diameter of the shaft so I can get the correct adapter. I "think" Tractor Supply has what I need, but confirmation is always nice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump9:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Pictures would help but a-lot of time they are just seized on with age, penetrating lube, heat, time, and maybe an air hammer.

Joe

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Without seeing a picture, I'd assume it uses the standard 7/8" diameter, 3-5/32" long crankshaft. The blade adapter is probably pretty generic too. Most mowers use the same basic setup. Some fancier mowers like Toro or Snapper will use different setups.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Removing the blade adapter can be tough. Most lawn mower shops have a removal tool that looks like a dent puller with two adjustable jaws on the business end, a rod ( think ram rod) and a heavy sliding weight. The jaws grab the adapter, and the motion force of the heavy slide weight jars the adapter loose. I was lucky when I stopped at the repair shop, pricing a 7/8s adapter while replacing a 1inch adapter. I brought the engine in and the owner yanked my adaptor off at no charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts