My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 300, seems like every time it was time to change the oil, the mower deck was already off, so never really gave it much thought. Now that the deck is on, I changed my oil a few weeks back, and it was kinda a P.I.T.A. to keep from making a mess with the deck and belt from the mule drive in the way.

I have seen these used little brass valves on Ebay that screw into the oil pan, and allow you to slip a hose on the fitting, then open the valve so you can kinda direct where the oil goes instead of it directing its self.

How may people have one? Do you like it? And is there enough room to thread it in with the engine still in the tractor? As one guy I was talking to was unsure if there would be enough room to turn it with out hitting the frame.

Thought I would ask before I bough one.

:thanku:

~F~

·
Super Moderator
35,925 Posts
Never much cared for the original brass drains! I replaced them with a bolt so I could drain to a pan!

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
35,925 Posts
I had one on the 212 and 216, and they were always covered in oil. Put the bolts in and no more oil! Also took forever to drain the oil with them! So you're welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts