My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a roadtrip today and found a nice collection of old sears gold. 10' plow, cultivater, disk, drag, manual 3 pt., rear scraper blade, and.....a 48" drop spreader!. First one I've ever seen. All is used, but in very nice condition. Can't wait to get it out in the dirt! Passed up a couple of snowblowers and a front blade...have no use for them. More pics when I get it all sorted out.:drunkie:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Wow. I love the spreader.

Do Want!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I dont know who made the spreader but the work better than the broadcast type if you use it right. you dont have to worry about how much to overlap what ever you are spreding. Do the outter edge and the work you way in and follow your wheel tracks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has a cool little chart on it that tells you where to set it for grass or fert. The adjustments all work great. The po said he always oiled everything after fertilizer use to keep it from corroding. I never thought I would do it, but I may even fertilize the lawn next year. That way I get more seat time mowing. I'll have to think about it over the winter. Maybe I'll just pull it around emty to impress the neighbors.:ROF

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw that spreader in that thread. Since my # starts with 235 and that one is 402, they must have been made to the same specs (almost) by 2 different companies. Just curious about what companies made them.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the Ingersol-Rand # on another site but didn't think it was right. The other #'s (Haban, Roper, etc.) all match so who knows. Sears, back in the day, sold things from anybody. Well, whoever made it, made it well. It is well engineered with grease fittings in all the right places.:trink40:

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Great Haul, I would love to have that seeder and back blade. Everything looks like it is in great shape. If you dont mind saying, how much did you have to give to get all those goodies? That is the only seeder I have seen so far. What tractor are you going to put your new "tools" on?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have an old sears broadcast spreader that was made by the cyclone spreader company. Yours might be from the same company.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great Haul, I would love to have that seeder and back blade. Everything looks like it is in great shape. If you dont mind saying, how much did you have to give to get all those goodies? That is the only seeder I have seen so far. What tractor are you going to put your new "tools" on?
I'm not as lucky as some of you guys. I didn't get it all for $100 like some of the deals I've seen. Let's put it this way, I could sell it for a good profit if I wanted too. I don't buy this stuff for profit, I just enjoy playing around with it and fixing it up. I'll use my SS16 with the ags for the dirt stuff and put the rear blade on my plow tractor, SS16, for the winter.:trink40:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I really like that drop spreader, congrats. slkpk

·
That there's worth fixin'
1,892 Posts
Nice set of ag imps! That spreader looks almost as nice as the one IWLBCNU has. You can put in a heck of a garden with all that great stuff!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Awesome haul! You got all the wide implements too! With the exception of my 48" deck that I just got, everything I have are the narraow attachments and my spike tooth harrow was left outside on the dirt for years so I need to replace some of the teeth

1 - 20 of 24 Posts