My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get in any trouble I need a little help folks. I have just returned from purchasing my second 318, but it don't have an emblem. I looked at my other 318 and it don't have one anymore. It did last week. I thought I had installed per spec but it has fallen off twice. I have not found it this time yet. So before, you know who, sees my herd again I need to know if there is a trick to keeping these things on. And I am still looking before I order two or maybe I should just go ahead and order two. Help. Oh yea I bought the 318, nice shape, no smoke, 875 hours, deck great, 54" 4way blade, from a Cub dealer.

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Oh, holy crap. Somebody better notify the KATT Police.

My emblem came with two little button clips, and whenever I get around to mounting it, I will superglue those bad boys on there because these little clips won't hold the emblem very well I believe. No wonder so many of them don't have an emblem anymore, as they were either ripped off during grille removal, or they simply vibrated off of the grille.

·
Super Moderator
36,675 Posts
I used a piece of steel strap between the two prongs on the back and then ran the button clips down on that. Nice and sturdy!

·
Three of my friends
9,229 Posts
I used the flat piece that comes with a cheap 2 piece 2 inch"U" clamp and a couple of 1/8 fine thread nuts on mine and it hasen't come up missing

·
Registered
618 Posts
I used a piece of steel strap between the two prongs on the back and then ran the button clips down on that. Nice and sturdy!
:ditto:

Greg

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what I did the second time around. I guess supper glue is the next step either way, if I find the old one or the new emblems. Thanks

·
Three of my friends
9,229 Posts
Better get a new on QUICK,I hear KATT typing rght now

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You ever wondered what that strange sound was and you didn't see anything to hit while you were mowing ? shredded deer emblem ? thats when you know you lost your nuts ,,,OPPs clips ..........:trink39:

·
Three of my friends
9,229 Posts
Think KATT would notice the difference

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only problem is I don't mow with the 318 I lost the emblem from. It has a loader on it so it is probably been buried in some dirt I have been moving around. I sure hate to have to dig up all my wife's flower beds but I HAVE to have it back. I have decided to order two new emblems, then I will have a spare if I find the lost one. And I will not have to worry about You Know Who typing anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts