My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HP Compaq 8510p lap top running Windows 7 Pro. I am using Thunderbird (latest copy) for email. It does not get all my messages. They do not appear in the trash, there are no filters set, I have reloaded a fresh copy from home site a couple times, still it will not get all email. Most frequent is if there is an attachment, photos, or hot link. Sometimes it will get them. I am talking from the same person as well as from random people.

How do I know? Because my 20 year old desk top with XP Home and Outlook Express does get them, skip the lecture about XP, I will be running Windows 7 for the foreseeable future also.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Walt Conner

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
could one be using POP and the other using IMAP? Or both using POP, and one computer downloads/deletes it before the other one does?

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could one be using POP and the other using IMAP? Or both using POP, and one computer downloads/deletes it before the other one does?
Well now that you mention it, I think this lap top may be using IMAP, I will have to check. I prefer to use POP and the Desk Top does use POP. I use this lap top most of the time and may not check the Desk Top for 2 - 3 days to download email though and that is when I find the missed email.

Walt Conner

·
Senior MTF Poster
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow up, both are using POP Server. Most email appears on both but occasionally one will be missing from this lap top and it will almost certainly contain an attachment, usually a photo or last time, a Hot Link.

Walt Conner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts