My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a snow blower that I am trying to get the auger out of to repaint,replace bearings. Unbolted end cap bearings,still cant get auger shaft out. Tried heating bearings,prying on sides of blower,no go. What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
It could have cam lock bearings or a set screw. I take there are pillow block bearing? If it is a pillow block the bearing usually is not a press fit so either set screws or cam lock has to hold the shaft to the bearing.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Do you have the service manual for the Eliminator tractor it shows the brake down in the last pages. I took my Bolens walk behind gear box apart once and there was something I had to do to get it all apart but I just cant remember right now what it was.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
All I can say is I have never seen a blower for your tractor, But somehow there has to be a way to lock the shaft to the bearing. If you do not know what a cam lock bearing Google it to find out. I will try to explain , On a cam lock or eccentric lock there is a collar right next to the bearing. It will have one or two holes started into the collar but not all the way thru. Take a punch and a hammer, left to loosen, right to tight. If this is the case don't be afarid the whack it pretty good. Its been there a long time. If it not cam lock then it may be setscrew.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to take another look Sunday. I know it has to come apart,it went together!! No time till then,working. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts