1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Electrolux said it will complete the spinoff of the outdoor business no later than mid-2006. The division, which makes Husqvarna chainsaws and cutting tools, had sales of 27 billion kronor last year and about 11,500 employees.
Is that the same division that makes the tractors???

·
bitter old man
135 Posts
these ploys to boost stock values by removing from the main stock any losing segments are so much BS in any universe other than the stock exchange- they only engineer more value for high level stock owners and executives -- everyone else loses -- I notice the story also mentioned moving about 11500 jobs to mexico -- will anyone here buy a husqvarna tractor or chainsaw after they are made in mexico instead of sweden or the USA?

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
bigl22 said:
I notice the story also mentioned moving about 11500 jobs to mexico -- will anyone here buy a husqvarna tractor or chainsaw after they are made in mexico instead of sweden or the USA?
We buy the alleged American cars that a lot of Mexicans produce.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
I first should reconsider writing this as it is late and I am old ! I just can't picture buying a product that is made/owned by a company that demonstrated a Vacuum Cleaner to my mother (God Rest her Soul) that even she was able to catch on to the slight of hand physics of "It's so powerful It can pick up a bowling ball!! Remember that BigL?

I prefer Kubota or Honda Or Good old solid US company's that employ here and disclose what they do and don't do!! AT LEAST YOU KNOW!!!

The bottom line is Quality wins every time and stands on it's own, I don't care how many bowling balls your chain saw can pick up!!! :beatdeadh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts