My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my "Lawn Wheeler", it has no deck. I use it for a handy andy.

All the switches were "cheated" I think. I just dont know where to put the paper clip to cheat them all.

Turn the key, nothing to the start relay. I can jump the start relay terminal and the engine starts right up.

Power should go from the Ignition switch, through the safety switches to the start relay. One of those safety switch jumpers is open. Where is the place to jump them all! lawn wheeler numbers.jpg

DSCF1016.jpg

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,095 Posts
since site rules say no discussing bypassing safeties i can't tell you. however, you already know that you need power to get from the start wire of the switch to the small lug on the solenoid. the safeties cut this power. take it from there! ;)

Not sure this applies since it now has no mower, it is no longer a lawn mower.
You really don't want to disable the clutch safety however. My antique rope pull tractor ran over my foot and rim-racked my foot and knee for 6 months a couple of years ago.

My address is below if you want to talk about this, put in proper format and remind me what the subject is.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at verizon dot net

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are right. I don't want to disable that Clutch feature anyway. I like it actually.
On this tractor, if you stomp on the brake, the shift lever drops all the way down to 'safety lock' which I do like.

I do like to get off the tractor to service the little trailer I tow, and keep the engine running. This is a good little tractor. I wish it didn't have the Belt slippage problem it seems to be born with though.
OK guys, consider the issue solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts