My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a question for everyone here. I picked up a Craftsman self-propelled mower with electric start, model # 917.376470, and I had a question about the battery charger. Does anyone know if I can just leave it on the charger all the time? Does it act like a float charger, or will it cook the battery? It's the first one I've had with electric start. Also I found the manual online, but it doesn't even say. It just says to charge the battery after each use, but it makes no mention of how long. I don't know if anyone has any experience with this particular model but how do most of them work? :dunno: Thanks

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Some of the newer chargers will trickle, and some won't. Best bet would be charge inbetween long use periods for about 12 hours max. Then if you mow weekly with this mower primarily, it should stay charged for the season if the system is in good shape. You can also check the battery with a volt meter if you have reason to believe or experience a slow or no start condition. I know some of my older Lawn Boy chargers did not trickle, but one of my newest ones does. If you called Sears, they may be able to be more specific.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.