My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Christmas I was given a very nice Norelco rechargeable razor. Top of the line machine that was supposed to make shaving, which I hate having to do a couple times a day, a real breeze.

After six months I'd had my fill of this thing. Took forever to get a close shave and was a real pain to clean which had to be done after every session or it simply would not cut at all. Don't know what the thing cost but it was probably not cheap.

At a local Walgreen's store when I spotted a Remington, corded, razor for under $20.00. Since this was just over half the price of the new set of heads for the fancy razor I decided to give it a shot.

The Remington has proven to be the best electric razor I've ever used. Quiet, quick and easy to clean.

Price is not always an assurance of quality.

Mike

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,614 Posts
I use a 50 year old corded Remington that was my Dad's. It's loud, but it shaves cleanly. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd forgotten about this thread. Little update.

The Remington I bought needs a new set of heads, getting dull from use. Twice a day, every day. I was at Walgreens last week and the same razor was on sale so I got a new one. Less than $20.00. Gave it to the wife to put under the Christmas tree for me.

It's great to get what you want for Christmas.

Mike

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
i seen an add on tv a few years ago for one of the three headed ones an the guy had shaving cream on

ive not seen it again tho

john

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shave twice a day so wife don't get whisker rash. I've got a heavy beard and she has soft skin.

Started a beard last January and now keep it trimmed and shave around the edges with a safety razor. Haven't used the electric for awhile.

That Miracle Gro comment is a hoot!

Glad I decided to look at all the posts since I got lost in the maze of the new password thing, just managed to get back on this morning. My fault, not the folks running the forum.

Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
As far as a beard is concerned , my sister is a hair stylist by trade . I used to use the trimmer gadget on an electric shaver for my beard . It worked but less than satisfactory . She showed me a little trimmer that she'd been using for 6 years on customers . It's called the Peanut trimmer . It's corded and comes with heads for length of cut . I pop the cutter head off about every 6 uses to clean it and put a drop of ( the supplied ) oil on the cutter head . Still works like new after 5 years .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts