My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one installed an electric PTO clutch on a tractor not originally equiped? If so is it difficult ? Is there any clutch that is easy to install?
Any help appreciated.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
I guess it would depend more on the design on the pulley. For example, it would be hard for my Massey to use the pulley from my John Deere because of the way the belt pulley's are on the tractor. If you found the right pulley that would fit, it would be easy to wire it up. It's just a simple 2-wire connection with a switch like a light switch.

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,095 Posts
I have a new Warner electric clutch for $100 plus shipping, can't answer your question on installation. Address below, put in proper format and remind me what we are talking about.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at verizon dot net

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Besides the electric hookup, you would probably need to drill and tap some holes for the mounting bolts as well.

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,095 Posts
"Besides the electric hookup, you would probably need to drill and tap some holes for the mounting bolts as well."

In most cases, all that is needed is an anchor which usually is attached to one of the motor mounting bolts.

Walt Conner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts