My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years back I converted a Craftsman Garden tractor to battery power, it is a real workhorse, would not trade it for a gas mod. So because I have a bit of a collection of dead tractors, I wound up with a small deck, off a 7hp ancient Craftsman. a Year ago got my hands on a battery powered push mower, stripped off the blade and motor & junked the rest. Last fall I picked up another (different breed) and whipped it apart. Mounted the two motors on the small deck, bolted on some struts to go on a front bumper, put two heavy duty casters on the front and now push it with the electric tractor. My batteries are ancient, some are 9yrs old, but the darn thing cuts the grass. It is nice to use, I think it needs lowering a bit, but the ground here is still rough (building a house not making a lawn). If I push it into heavy grass, It will blow the 50 amp breaker which is kind of its own safety valve. Right now am clamping a jumper onto the positive terminal of the tractor batt bank, will add a solenoid and switch later in the season.
Cheers.

·
'52 Ford 8N
451 Posts
Would like to see the set-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts