My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so messing around on kubota's website i saw they had electric snow blower chute deflector......

anybody have pictures of this? I want to possibley adapt it to my jd blower!!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Don't have a pic of that set up but I've seen quite a few guys mount a waterproof linear actuator to control the chute. Here's an example pic - not my set up (don't even have a snowblower). Good luck.

Attachments

·
orange fan
130 Posts
Sir , what is this surplus center you speak of. Is it a store or web site. For that matter same thing w/ orange tractor is that a web site. PS I dont wish to get any one in trouble I just wish to save a few bucks:thanku:

·
Registered
65 Posts
the surplus center is a web based store that sells linear actuators, the orange tractor

forum is a web site forum for kubota tractors,,,,, you will save some bucks buying

from the surplus center, they will have what you need..

good luck,
Jim

·
orange fan
130 Posts
orangaemen or Jim, which ever you prefer I thank you for your time. I pm you but dont know if it went through. I looked at both sites and am a little more familiar now. but still not comfortable to start this endeavor, a liottle more research is hopefully all that will be reqd. Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
The electric Kuota chute deflector is about $900 as I recall. I built my own for about $125 or so and 6 hours time, mostly getting parts and running wire. If you look at the movie below you can see it in action.

Almost 9 years later I thought of doing this mod to my B2650 and found a How to note from a linear actuator mfg (https://www.progressiveautomations....-actuators-to-operate-your-snow-blowers-chute) although their actuators are in the $120-$180 range, equivalent ones from Amazon are in the $40 range.The Kubota B2516A kit was quoted today at $672 is more robust than what you made, but it is overkill. Here is what it looks like from an online parts dealer: Kubota B2516 (ELE . CHUTE DEFLECTION KIT) Parts
Anyway, thanks for your entries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts