My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
forkz
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking at this trimmer like the way you load the line has good power havee a workz 40 volt only runs same speed no speeding up on tuff stuff it does ok but would like a little more power when i need it not a lot ot trimming to do i like this a lot what you guys think thans

·
Rich
475 Posts
Have had the Ego string trimmer (ST1500SF 56V) for 2 years so far. Love it but only have about 3/4 acre and takes me about 30 to 45 minutes to trim the whole yard. I usually do the yard twice before recharging. Love the string replacement (mine is not the powered one) But if the string gets all used up on one side you have to pull it apart and it is not very friendly. Thinking about it next time I need to do that I might try pulling the broken string out of the side that still has string. If you have a large yard and need a second battery - they are expensive. The speed is variable and power seems very good. I bought a universal sling to help carry it - it is a wee bit heavy for this 78 year old.

Reactions: 4Get GTO

·
forkz
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks the workz is ok but when you get to tuff spot no power main use will be about 75 to 100 feet of roadside ditchbanks i trim ditches every other mowing depending on rain

·
forkz
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
pulled the trigger this thing is so far above the wokzr its runs great cuts great charges realy fast by the time i got together battery was ready i ts a little heavy but well balanced mite look into the sling its gonna be a great addition to yard mainteance EGO 15 in. L Trimmer Strap - Ace Hardware

·
forkz
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this thing is amazing did all my trimming plenty of power still almost full charge i shoulda got this when i got the workz no mixing fuel just pull trigger fires right up i had everal $100 to 150 gas models run this year next year don,t wanna run i am gonna like this thing looking parts to make a darwin grip for it

·
MTF Member
999 Posts
I have 3 Ego tools
String Trimmer
Chain saw
Hedge trimmer.
Good stuff...👍
Still using one (have 3) battery from 2015. Holds a charge as good as the newer ones I have.

·
forkz
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the more i use this thin the more i like it gave it a good half hour workout plernty power left and with the new darwin it allows me to stand straighit up dont have to stop to str moves lot quicker standing strait up cut trim time i reccomened the darwiin for tall guys

Reactions: Bebop
1 - 8 of 8 Posts