My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a local ad for what looks like an S series tractor, the photo isn't sharp enough to determine which exact model. My guess is either S-16H or S-18H.

Anyway, it has an egg-shaped air cleaner cover instead of the more common round one.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

Is that a "custom" replacement or did some Ariens tractors come with that style?

And I have no idea what that thing is on the left foot board.

I'm really more interested in getting the plow, but if it comes with a working tractor attached, so be it.

I feel a road trip coming on !

·
Super Moderator
40,103 Posts
If it is an S-16 all the pictures I've seen show a round air filter cover. No idea what is on the foot board either.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
Same here I have an S-16H with round cover.
Wonder if that added lever is used for independent brakes. Are there pictures of the other side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally remembered where I've seen those air cleaner covers before.
They came on the early 300 series John Deere garden tractors (eg. 314, 316).
Many of them used the same single cylinder Kohler engines as the Ariens did.

To Ariens93GT20: I haven't seen the other side, or any other pics for that matter. The seller is only ~45 minutes away, so I might go see it in person to answer these and other mysteries.
His asking price is quite reasonable, and as I stated earlier, if the plow comes with a free tractor, all the better. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
when I fist saw the air filter, I though that it look like someone heated it up and just expand it, because it did look like it was round at one point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts