My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first post ever in a forum thanks for having me... I am looking to buy my first cub cadet lawn mower, swung by the dealers today and he was talking me into the xt2 lx46 with efi. Looking to see everyones experience with them, Pros, cons, problems??? If I decide against it can I get the other 46" with the Kohler AND fab deck? Or is that just with the stamped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing crazy, have just over an acre mostly flat. Just bought our first home last march and had a hand me down snapper that wont cut it this year. Want something that will last. ?

·
Super Moderator
15,719 Posts
Are there any other Intended uses for the Cub Other Than Mowing the Lawn & what is Your Budget?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any other Intended uses for the Cub Other Than Mowing the Lawn & what is Your Budget?
Just mowing for now, and pulling a trailer around the yard, I like to think eventually snow removal but I'm not buying that yet. Also I wanted to stay around $2000

·
Super Moderator
15,719 Posts
Well stay away from the Lower Number XT1 they have recently changed the Transmission to a TL200(use to be a Model T40J) which a transmission that is really designed for rear engine riders and Not Lawn tractors It used In all But 3 of the John Deere E100 series. You should be fine with any of the XT2 series Lawn Tractors. I do recommend going with a 46inch deck at Minimum. 42inch will handle and acre But It to a bit longer. EFI is a nice feature for winter use But Not really needed the rest of the year (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cant go wrong with the Kohler engine. On my 2nd year with my xt2 lx46 w/kohler and the fab deck and does a great job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts